Jump to content
British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

   Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
PWA 1967

The Farthing Specialist.

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Dont know if anyone can help me but tried with not much luck elsewhere.

I am looking to purchase any lists by John Minshull "The farthing specialist " preferably the actual list , alternatively if anyone has any and wants to keep them scans please.

Thank you if you can help.

Pete.

Edited by PWA 1967

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got list 44 here, but it's problematic in that the page is too long to fit the scanner, and there are 52 pages. There's no easy way to get a copy to you unless I physically photograph the lot, but then the pages won't be a consistent size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rob said:

I've got list 44 here, but it's problematic in that the page is too long to fit the scanner, and there are 52 pages. There's no easy way to get a copy to you unless I physically photograph the lot, but then the pages won't be a consistent size.

Happy to buy it Rob unless you wish to keep it ,just message me should you wish to sell it.

Thank you.

Pete.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a couple from the late seventies but they are pretty manky with rips and a a couple of pages missing - I cannot imagine they are worth much - great to look back on though

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, copper123 said:

I have a couple from the late seventies but they are pretty manky with rips and a a couple of pages missing - I cannot imagine they are worth much - great to look back on though

Thank you ,i have sent you a message.

Pete.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2022 at 8:45 PM, copper123 said:

I have a couple from the late seventies but they are pretty manky with rips and a a couple of pages missing - I cannot imagine they are worth much - great to look back on though

Thank you so much for the lists which arrived today ,i am really greatful 👍

Pete.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/7/2022 at 4:17 PM, PWA 1967 said:

Thank you so much for the lists which arrived today ,i am really greatful 👍

Pete.

My first list from FS was just after John Minshull had got this fancy new typewriter with all the new fonts. Pre-computer it was cutting edge. It was a bound A4 light blue catalogue. The ones after that were just stapled I think and were always different colours, light green, orange etc. Always an exciting moment when his latest one popped through the door! They were all chucked out after I went to University but the dates were ~1977-1983. I wish I 'd kept some for memory's sake. 

He really went to town on the rarities,  I remember a 1685 Charles II tin farthing got about a page of write-up.

Edited by oldcopper
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Shame they got chucked out they seem in demand now.

I would hazard a guess that he got out one every three months or so , annoyingly they are not dated spring- summer -autumn- winter and the year would have been a great way to start off every list , though you can work out aprox when they were produced by little clues in the text , I had number 47 which seemed to date 1977 spring I would guess with the jubilee references in it

Edited by copper123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2022 at 12:17 PM, oldcopper said:

My first list from FS was just after John Minshull had got this fancy new typewriter with all the new fonts. Pre-computer it was cutting edge. It was a bound A4 light blue catalogue. The ones after that were just stapled I think and were always different colours, light green, orange etc. Always an exciting moment when his latest one popped through the door! They were all chucked out after I went to University but the dates were ~1977-1983. I wish I 'd kept some for memory's sake. 

He really went to town on the rarities,  I remember a 1685 Charles II tin farthing got about a page of write-up.

You should have seen the write -up when he got hold of an oliver cromwell farthing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, copper123 said:

You should have seen the write -up when he got hold of an oliver cromwell farthing

Paper supplies must have run short!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×