British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

yaaseen

1868 Shilling, stop before date

I have an 1868 shilling with a stop before the date. I have spotted another one in much higher grade (forgot what website it was on) but it looks like another undocumented variety, therefore has been missed from formal reference guides.

I do not think there is much else to say, as it is well just a stop 😂!) 

Happy hunting!

s-l500.jpg

Edited by yaaseen

I appreciate your enthusiasm but would not be generous to give this a type as a simple pit in the die will give this "stop". Carry on, this noted from an olde farte here.....

• Like 1

Is the other high grade example die number 17 too?

• Like 1

On 3/20/2022 at 1:00 AM, Mr T said:

Is the other high grade example die number 17 too?

Didn’t think to look at that. But did try to find it and have - it is die 17. So this variety is limited to that die. Thanks.

• Like 1