British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Well its been a year now and it seems a total stalemate between the two sides , I really dread whats going to happen over the next few years as neither side is going to win, it just points to what happened in the second world war happening again , I am just hopeing for a bit of divine intervention and a halt to the fighting .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, copper123 said:

Well its been a year now and it seems a total stalemate between the two sides , I really dread whats going to happen over the next few years as neither side is going to win, it just points to what happened in the second world war happening again , I am just hopeing for a bit of divine intervention and a halt to the fighting .

Absolutely - long term stalemate seems the most likely way things will go.

It won't happen, but in my view the best way forward would be to cede the territory Russia currently occupies in the extreme East, to Russia, and for the remainder of Ukraine to become immediate de facto members of NATO, and to move NATO troops in. Put the ball firmly in Putin's court and see if he dare risks a world war.

sounds a bit similar to what happened in cyprus

Do not cease hostilities or cede an inch to Russia as it would give them a breathing space. Your perceived weakness will result in them resuming their expansion when they have had time to regroup. They need to be forced out and the west needs to support them in this. By all means set up a demilitarised zone once ejected which could be run by the UN if necessary, but do not give them a territorial gain as a reward for invading.

A wide enough buffer zone would give them something that potentially removes any NATO troops from the Ukrainian border, and also means that Russia couldn't sit on Ukraine's border, waiting to invade. Russia would likely never accept this as it would interfere with their centuries old habit of invading their neighbours. It's what they do best. Russia has killed many millions of Ukrainians in the past simply for being Ukrainian and would do so again given they look down on anybody from outside of Moscow/St. Petersburg. Do not encourage them in doing a rerun by handing over people who don't want to be part of Russia. 

When Russia is taking children as 'orphans' and resettling them by adoption with Russian families, it isn't because many of them didn't have parents. Russia's biggest problem is demographics, and continuing the conflict is exacerbating this. Every generation they have a cull of young males due entirely to their empire building. Maybe only 15000 in Afghanistan over 10 years, but Ukraine with 10x that number to date has set them back at least a generation in development. Russia is a cancer on humanity and hopefully will implode and break up at the end of all this.

• Like 2

Let's not forget that this is the second invasion of Ukraine, and that Crimea is theirs and should be returned to them.

On 2/24/2023 at 10:44 PM, mrbadexample said:

Let's not forget that this is the second invasion of Ukraine, and that Crimea is theirs and should be returned to them.

Yes, indeed. Although curiously there seemed to be absolutely no fuss about that at the time.

1 hour ago, 1949threepence said:

Yes, indeed. Although curiously there seemed to be absolutely no fuss about that at the time.

sadly even when the  malaysian airlines plane was shot down  travelling out to the World AIDS Conference nothing was done.  I lost three good friends that day, including my mentor and the world lost a swathe of biologists and virologists and immunologists.

Edited by DrLarry

8 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

Oh there was - I remember it. But hardly on any great scale - it rated much the same as Georgia and Chechnya.

there were young children on that plane also - most of the pasengers were dutch they were the only nation to really condem russia

The mindset of Russians beggars belief. One woman from Shebekino, upset at the recent border incursion that brought violence and destruction her town, bemoaned the fact that it was unfair. Apparently, 'All we wanted was to destroy Ukraine in peace'. Words fail me.

• Sad 1

On 12/29/2022 at 12:06 AM, Rob said:

Not much has changed in the past 10 months thousand years. They still have total contempt for anything not from Moscow/St. Petersburg and who doesn't believe in the complete superiority of that genetically inbred clique. Svitlana (our guest) had a message a couple days before Christmas from her sister bemoaning the Russians were hitting Kherson with phosporus (probably thermite), had closed down power and water, and that shelling had increased approx. 10-fold in the run-up to Christmas. From her brother - he had been rotated out of the grinder just in time for Christmas, but still the Russians throw live meat into the mix. Maybe a 1/4 million deaths in an attempt to satisfy the paranoid ego of a demented dwarf. It's incredibly sad.

On several occasions it has been said by Russians that the whole world is against them. This map suggests the world is more informative than the Russian Ministry of Disinformation.

FkRusIXXoAEKU8O.jpeg

Don't know why it says Germany was invaded in 1953. Am I missing something? East Germany was established in 1949 but had been in Russian hands since 1945.

13 minutes ago, oldcopper said:

Don't know why it says Germany was invaded in 1953. Am I missing something? East Germany was established in 1949 but had been in Russian hands since 1945.

There was an uprising in East Germany in June 1953, which was quelled by Soviet troops. Although it wasn't an invasion as such. They were already stationed there.

link

ETA: the map is incorrect anyway, as it extends across all of Germany, despite the fact that West Germany was unaffected. 

Edited by 1949threepence

2 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

There was an uprising in East Germany in June 1953, which was quelled by Soviet troops. Although it wasn't an invasion as such. They were already stationed there.

link

ETA: the map is incorrect anyway, as it extends across all of Germany, despite the fact that West Germany was unaffected. 

Thanks, that's probably what they mean though they aren't really right.

Same could be said for Hungary and Czechoslovakia. Whatever, it wasn't an internal Russian suppression.

Free thought is anathema to all dictatorships and to be suppressed at all cost. With good fortune, it's their nemesis.

9 hours ago, Rob said:

The mindset of Russians beggars belief. One woman from Shebekino, upset at the recent border incursion that brought violence and destruction her town, bemoaned the fact that it was unfair. Apparently, 'All we wanted was to destroy Ukraine in peace'. Words fail me.

Media brainwashing. :angry:

That oligarth insurance against falling out of windows must cost a bit_____

A Russian bank official has died after plummeting from a tall window of her Moscow apartment.

Kristina Baikova, 28, who was the vice-president of Loko Bank, fell out of the apartment window on Khodynsky Boulevard on the evening of June 23.

Tragically, she died on the scene as a result of her injuries.

She is said to have been spending time with a friend called Andrei, 34, who was with Kristina on the eleventh floor.

He claims that Kristina contacted him asking him to come for a drink before he "went out onto the parapet and fell down", BAZA reports.

Recent events in Russia have raised fears of looming assassination attempts after Yevgeny Prigozhin sought to wage a mutiny against the military leadership in the Kremlin.

There will be more. Poo Tin's assertion that he can forgive most things except treachery bodes well for the future. If he could dispose of Prigozhin ( and Utkin) together with disbanding Wagner it will be doubles all round, given they have been Russia's most effective combatants. If Surovikin, who is apparently tied up in the plot, meets a messy end, it will be a bonus. Despite his reputation as a butcher, he did at least appear to be a competent military tactician by Russian standards. If Putin has a purge, it should further degrade Russia's ability to prosecute this war. I never thought I'd say it, but Go Putin.

What are the odds on Russia imploding this year? I think Ukraine might have to issue another stamp soon.

• Haha 1

I think pretty much all of the money people in russia are quaking in their boots and hopeing they get through till a new leader arrives , I surpose they just resign themselves to the fact that enjoying their life and money might cost them their lives .

There were much worse in the past like Stalin his "Enemies" ended into the millions in fact he starved the Ukraine and more or less ruined the russian breadbasket as it was known then .

The above murder is pretty easy to solve if their was only two people in the flat , I do suspect it will be brushed under the carpet though .

Prigozhin, apparently, is holed up in a windowless hotel in Belarus. Not a joke.

• Haha 3

On 6/30/2023 at 7:51 PM, 1949threepence said:

Prigozhin, apparently, is holed up in a windowless hotel in Belarus. Not a joke.

Ah, but is it roofless?

• Haha 1

Watch out for novichoc

56 minutes ago, copper123 said:

Watch out for novichoc

Milk, plain, or white?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Peckris 2 said:

Milk, plain, or white?

I wonder what happened to the Skripals? Never hear a word about them now. Presumably got new identities.

And lots of botox

I have looked thoroughly through google and they appear to have disapeared from the earth .

I wonder why?

• Like 1