British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
copper123

I will do anything for money (but i won't do that)

Man who took uncle to post office 'didn't realise he'd died'

6 hrs ago

73 Comments|

A man who took his dead uncle into an Irish post office to claim his pension insists he did not realise he had passed away.

Police are investigating the incident. File pic © Other Police are investigating the incident. File pic

Declan Haughney told the Irish Mirror he and another man took Peadar Doyle, 66, on a five-minute walk from his home on Pollerton Road, Carlow, to collect his pension last Friday morning.

The 40-year-old said he had lived with his uncle throughout his life and believes he may have died on the way to Hosey's post office on Staplestown Road.

He said he and another man linked arms with him and dragged him to the post office.

"He was walking like normal and then I reckon he died," he said, adding that Mr Doyle started "dragging his heels" at one point.

"We were grand like then all of a sudden he started going all slumpy," he said.

"We thought nothing of it because Peadar had had heart attacks and all."

He said they let him go at the post office counter and it was only after he dropped to the floor that they realised he had died.

Mr Haughney said he believes he is being falsely accused of trying to claim his uncle's pension because he previously stole from his aunt and served two years in prison.

• Haha 2

Then there was the lad who emptied a pint of milk down the sink and poured his late father's ashes in so he could scatter them behind the Juventus goal according to his dad's final wish. Unfortunately the officials wouldn't allow him to take "something that could be used as a weapon" into the ground.

It's a sorry state of affairs when you can't even take a bottle of pop into a football ground...

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Peckris 2 said:

Then there was the lad who emptied a pint of milk down the sink and poured his late father's ashes in so he could scatter them behind the Juventus goal according to his dad's final wish. Unfortunately the officials wouldn't allow him to take "something that could be used as a weapon" into the ground.

It's a sorry state of affairs when you can't even take a bottle of pop into a football ground...

I was in Rome a few years ago for Italy v England in the 6 Nations. 

They had beer wallahs walking up and down the steps to save you going to the bar. As it (Stadio Olympico) is primarily a football ground they'd been told to pour the beer from the cans into the waiting plastic glasses. The bloke on duty near us got bored and just started passing out 4 packs. Nothing got thrown, it and we got drunk. They had great big perspex screens separating sections of the crowd - presumably to stop me giving some Italian fella a cuddle at half time? :unsure: I went out with an England flag and came home with an Italian one. Cracking day out, never a hint of trouble. Football fans are (largely) an embarrassment. :rolleyes:

Edited by mrbadexample
  • Like 1