British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
kuhli

error alert

Chris,

I doubt anyone (other than me!) would even notice this error, but on pg 85, under the decimal coinage section, for the pennies, you have 1984 listed as FROM SETS ONLY, which is not correct. It was a regular circulation piece, with a mintage of 154,759,625 (from the 1999 CCGB!). The penny, 20p and £1 were the only circulation pieces minted that year. The rest of the denominations are indeed from sets only.

Chris,

I doubt anyone (other than me!) would even notice this error, but on pg 85, under the decimal coinage section, for the pennies, you have 1984 listed as FROM SETS ONLY, which is not correct. It was a regular circulation piece, with a mintage of 154,759,625 (from the 1999 CCGB!). The penny, 20p and £1 were the only circulation pieces minted that year. The rest of the denominations are indeed from sets only.

Correct. I never looked in that section of the book. But since i dabble in decimal coins upto and including 1984 i know this to be true. :D

Thanks, in fact, lets put all the errors notifications in this one place. Can someone paste the URL's of the other forum areas reporting other areas? I'll get confused unless they're all in one place.

If you correct the spine error on Collectors Coins GB (Great Brittain) will that make my copy a collectors item?? :D

Edited by Geordie582

No, because if I do need to print more the rarer ones will be the correct spine ones!

Guesstimate?? or Guestimate??

guesstimate

p12 1915

p27 1952

guestimate

p18 1937

p26 1937

p27 1954

Page 6

introduction to fractional farthings. paragraph ends " For a range of farthings that is second to none" should there be something else there?? just doesn't look right. maybe the last line of the paragraph got removed??

Ok, great, keep it all here.

I didn't get it proofread because it took longer than I expected and time was so short! The next one will have 0 errors!

Ok, great, keep it all here.

I didn't get it proofread because it took longer than I expected and time was so short! The next one will have 0 errors!

Always give yourself a little room for manoeuvre Chris... cos if you don't one will always get past you. :D