British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

azda

Coin robbery in Birmingham

That is awful news! Does anyone know who the victims were - or what was taken? That way we can keep an eye out for any that appear on the market.

Bloody hell. Poor Dave. :(

1 hour ago, mrbadexample said:

Just what I was thinking. Dave is a stand up bloke and didn't deserve that crap.

Bastards :angry:

• Like 1

Didn't Dave also get robbed several years ago on his way back from a Midland Coin Fair? 

42 minutes ago, alfnail said:

Didn't Dave also get robbed several years ago on his way back from a Midland Coin Fair? 

Tell me you’re joking

This is horrible news.

How would anyone expect to be able to sell the coins, unless they already have someone who buys the result of a robbery?

19 hours ago, alfnail said:

Yes, I rang him after reading this post. He tells me it was 2009.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/12/2022 at 7:12 PM, mrbadexample said:

Damn right. He's an honest dealer who works for his customers. Bad news.

Does anybody know how Dave is now?

It's clearly going to take time for him to build up new stock, hence why he's not sent out an e mail since the incident. 

2 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

Does anybody know how Dave is now?

It's clearly going to take time for him to build up new stock, hence why he's not sent out an e mail since the incident. 

He seemed pretty well when I spoke to him yesterday,  but bemoaning the fact that the police have recently closed their file on his robbery without any progress, and none of the stolen coins have surfaced. He seems to have a good selection of coins for sale.

Jerry

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, jelida said:

He seemed pretty well when I spoke to him yesterday,  but bemoaning the fact that the police have recently closed their file on his robbery without any progress, and none of the stolen coins have surfaced. He seems to have a good selection of coins for sale.

Jerry

Thanks Jerry. Pleased to hear he's OK, but it's obviously disappointing (though not unexpected these days) that the police have closed the case on the robbery.

On 1/12/2022 at 9:37 PM, alfnail said:

Sorry, just replied that he did but didn't see the post above. 

Edited by oldcopper

I do wonder how much police resource (if any) was actually devoted to his case.