British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Weaver

1679 Crown - Is this 3rd or 4th bust?

11 minutes ago, copper123 said:

Coins of this era are seldom found better tha Good fine - its a challenge putting a nice collection together

I agree my friend, hence the challenge!

I personally love this period in history, and I expect the origin was being in Stuart house at school no doubt. I read daily excerpts from Pepys diary, plus one of my ancestors fought in the civil war, so it's no surprise that I ended up focussing on collecting Charles II coins. It would have been Cromwell coinage, but yeah right! I'm not made of money 🤣

All the best,

Weaver (Wayne)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Weaver said:

plus one of my ancestors fought in the civil war,

Who's side was he on?

2 hours ago, Diaconis said:

Who's side was he on?

Roundhead

• Like 1

I thought so when you said Cromwell coinage would have been your preferred choice. One doesn't need any excuse to go for Charles I coins!

I couldn't believe that a replica Cromwell crown was on display for sale in a local antiques bazaar priced at £50 😮

Is that normal? For a replica piece??

They are on sale on etsy or eBay for a few pounds. But that doesn't stop some from trying.

• Thanks 1