British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Generic Lad

Looking For a Low-Grade 1622 Sixpence

Looking to purchase a 1622 sixpence for use in my wedding next year to put in my bride's shoe (1922 sixpences are icky due to the alloy used, 1822 sixpences don't exist, 1722 sixpences don't exist and the denomination didn't exist prior to 1551!)

Doesn't need to be good grade at all, in fact, due to it being mistreated and shoved in a shoe probably better that it isn't great grade!

I'm located in the US, but don't mind waiting for international shipping

Yup, nowt wrong with that one. 

• Like 1

Don't all 50% silvers turn greenish after exposure to the air though due to having something like manganese in the metal (same problem as the American 35% War Nickels and the newer "golden" dollars)

No.

It's to be placed in a shoe on a wedding day. Just buy a cheap half decent example and don't overthink it.

Sign in to follow this