British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Paddy

Help with ID on voided long cross penny please

I have had this one brought to me in the market. I think it is Edward I Voided Long Cross Class 6, but please let me know if I am wrong. I know it is not in great condition, but it is still of interest to the owner!

I am struggling to make out the mint and moneyer - anyone tell me what I can't see?

Edward I classs 6 D 1-side.JPG

2 hours ago, Paddy said:

I have had this one brought to me in the market. I think it is Edward I Voided Long Cross Class 6, but please let me know if I am wrong. I know it is not in great condition, but it is still of interest to the owner!

I am struggling to make out the mint and moneyer - anyone tell me what I can't see?

Edward I classs 6 D 1-side.JPG

One of the class 5’s, RENAUD ON LUND.

Will have a look at the books later.

Jerry

• Like 2

It’s Henry III, not Edward I. 

The R on the reverse is quite distinctive and looks like a class Va to me.

Edited by Coys55
  • Like 1

That is good. I started with Henry III and had it down as Class 5h, but then the large almond shaped eyes diverted me to the Edward I coins.

Thanks for the ID of moneyer - that helps a lot.

5 hours ago, Paddy said:

That is good. I started with Henry III and had it down as Class 5h, but then the large almond shaped eyes diverted me to the Edward I coins.

Thanks for the ID of moneyer - that helps a lot.

Yes, RENAUD was only active in London for classes 5g,h,i, 6 and 7. It is definitely not 5i, 6 or 7, and of the first two I think 5g most likely from the pics with the low central fleur and thick crown band. Thus late Henry III.

Jerry

• Like 1