British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
copper123

would you adam and eve it

Push the almonds, oats, peas, coconuts (the list goes on) and rice to the side... baristas may soon be whipping up lattes with a new alternative "milk" from potatoes.

Milk from the humble spud is set to be one of 2022's biggest food trends, according to supermarket Waitrose's annual Food and Drink report.

Researchers have predicted that the market for dairy alternatives could almost double over the next five years, as increased dairy allergies and concerns about its environmental impact push shoppers to look for plant-based options.

Shoppers spent a total of £394m on plant-based milk in Britain in 2020, up 32% from 2019, according to market research firm Mintel.

Edited by copper123

• Haha 1

Oatly is good stuff, I've tried it.

I drink goat's milk, and have done since 1999. Does that count as a "dairy alternative"?

Nothing to do with allergies or the environment, I just prefer the taste to cow's milk.

Just so long as the current environmental hysteria doesn't spill over into ordering the public to change their eating habits. I'm all for the environment, and climate change initiatives, but there are some very weird and dogmatic individuals in the eco warrior lobby. 

• Like 1

Yes I have goats milk too, and goats cheese and butter. The only cow product I use is cream which doesn't have lactose.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Peckris 2 said:

Yes I have goats milk too, and goats cheese and butter. The only cow product I use is cream which doesn't have lactose.

I find the St Helen's goat's milk the best.

1 minute ago, 1949threepence said:

I find the St Helen's goat's milk the best.

Me too, but Waitrose is also good if I can't get SH

Just now, Peckris 2 said:

Me too, but Waitrose is also good if I can't get SH

Thanks, must give it a try.

We've been veggie here for decades and are always happy to try new things.  Beverage from potatoes though? In our family that would've always meant poitín....

• Haha 1