British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
ozjohn

Spink English Silver Coinage

Downloaded the 2021 edition of Spink yesterday for $15 from Amazon which is pretty good value. Still have my 2016 edition if I have the need for a real book in my hands.

Do you mean ESC or the Standard Catalogue?

3 hours ago, Peckris 2 said:

Do you mean ESC or the Standard Catalogue?

Coins of England & The United Kingdom, Pre-Decimal Issues, Standard Catalog. 55th. Edition.

• Like 1

Getting electronic copies of annual catalogues is a great idea and also good for the planet. Hardcopies take up space on the bookshelves. I would still want hard copies of books like ESC as they only get updated once every two decades. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sword said:

Getting electronic copies of annual catalogues is a great idea and also good for the planet. Hardcopies take up space on the bookshelves. I would still want hard copies of books like ESC as they only get updated once every two decades. 

Yes, but....running microprocessors gulps energy, and that's the problem. Reading a book does not......

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, blakeyboy said:

Yes, but....running microprocessors gulps energy, and that's the problem. Reading a book does not......

When you're in a wheelchair it's a lot easier to negotiate a computer than a book. Anyway, the newer Macs are very low on power as they're using 5nm chips, and before long will be down to 3nm which consume ridiculously little power.

• Like 2

On 10/22/2021 at 9:32 AM, Mr T said:

Wait there was a first edition?

What is it like compared to The Gold Sovereign?

I don’t have neither of the Bull versions, I didn’t know either that there was a gold version out, just spotted it elsewhere, but always good for another reference, I don’t think it goes to the depth that Marsh did or that Steve Hill has subsequently updated.

Okay that was my assumption too - the silver coins book doesn't go into the depth of Davies that's for sure.

Any looked at a copy of the first edition?