British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Paddy

The sort of "tin of old coins" you really want to find!

28 minutes ago, Paddy said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-58982457

Not just the American rarities, but look at the hammered gold too!

I can see a few other nice coins in there a rare find indeed , pity they will almost certainly go streight to the usa - nevermind

"However, as I don't know anything about coins, I felt it was worth checking out." Just the sort of things you hear about regularly on FleaBay. Nice that it is a genuine find this time.

• Like 1

The number of times I have heard "I have this really rare churchill crown/ 1977 crown  Would you like it for fifty quid?

Fifty pence more like .

24 minutes ago, copper123 said:

The number of times I have heard "I have this really rare churchill crown/ 1977 crown  Would you like it for fifty quid?

Fifty pence more like .

I won't even give that for them - I sell them on my market stall for 50p! I keep the tray of them there as much to persuade people that their coins are not valuable as to actually sell any. (They do go occasionally as souvenirs.)

Someone sent this to me the other day - it looks like the tin is full of valuable coins. Hardly the usual tin of granny's coins.

• Like 1