British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
jelida

The Iain Dracott halfpenny article

Hi All,

I have been looking at halfpennies this morning including Richards excellent pages; everywhere I see references to ‘Iain Dracotts definitive article’ but I cannot track down the article itself.  Where was it published? Does anyone have a copy to spare, or is it available online? Any leads would be gratefully received.

Jerry

@jelida

On 1 September 2011 at 11:06 PM, davidrj said: 
  On 1 September 2011 at 9:09 PM, Martinminerva said: 

I have since tracked down and obtained the Dracott articles 

?? Dracott, not heard of this reference before

David

Coin News, April, May and July 2004. Quite interesting and detailed study!

Edited by Martinminerva
  • Like 2

Thanks everybody, and particularly to Gary who has provided an excellent scan. Great response from the forum, as ever!

Jerry

What are the page numbers of the last article? They're cut off.

There's another article by Dracott in the November 2021 edition of Coin News, which includes some new halfpenny varieties discovered. Thought it might be of interest to those who haven't yet seen it, so took a screenshot of the intro and the part relating to halfpennies. I had to expand the article to read it, and even after compression the two parts still take up three posts.

Edited by 1949threepence
  • Like 1

dracott 2 new crop.PNG

dracott 1a.PNG

• Like 2

dracott 1b.PNG

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this