British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
azda

My car increased in price

So, I bought a Mercedes GLC 250 Petrol last year, it was a 2017 model and really enjoyed driving it, I had been looking for something with a little higher spec as mine was basic but an AMG line coupè.

I  wasn't really pushing to sell until I saw this attached one. Its basically the exact same car (a GLC) but it has virtually everything spec wise, I think the only thing it lacks is a towbar, anyway, my GLC cost me 35k and was offered 37,500 for the trade in, now, that has to be a first, getting paid to drive a Mercedes for a year

Edited by azda
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hmmmm for some reason the attachment isn't uploading 😒

2000- 2005 Lotus Elise's have done the same, and 10 - 12 years old Aston V8 Vantages are up maybe 20%,

and those that are available are the less desirable ones.  

The chip shortage screwed delivery volumes,  

and in the case of AM they only now build to order, so someone with money to burn can't get one today, so get what's there,

and then the best examples, leaving the ones with undesirable colours, gearbox and lighting options etc.

I'm not going to buy anything this year probably- it would be £10k thrown away....

9 hours ago, blakeyboy said:

2000- 2005 Lotus Elise's have done the same, and 10 - 12 years old Aston V8 Vantages are up maybe 20%,

and those that are available are the less desirable ones.  

The chip shortage screwed delivery volumes,  

and in the case of AM they only now build to order, so someone with money to burn can't get one today, so get what's there,

and then the best examples, leaving the ones with undesirable colours, gearbox and lighting options etc.

I'm not going to buy anything this year probably- it would be £10k thrown away....

Yes definitely, but how long does the chip problem last, I'm ok with the prices going up right now, there is a German website called dat.de where you can add your car details and get a price that dealers would pay for your car and then add up to 30% for any extras, so I've been keeping my eye on that.

Testing pic upload, still not worked. Is this a known problem?

Edited by azda

13 hours ago, azda said:

Testing pic upload, still not worked. Is this a known problem?

Could well be. I just clicked "choose files" and can browse through folders, but when I get to an individual picture for upload, I just get the revolving gearwheel. Has anyone uploaded a picture today?

ah...I just uploaded one fine, to the uploading pictures problem thread, but, reading this, made me realise that I just had an image,

emailed it to myself, so I could control the image size, and dragged it into the post.

I didn't use and folders/menus etc. No problems.

And that first sentence had SEVEN commas!!!  SEVEN!!!!!

I used to go out on Friday nights.

Now I stay in, drink heavily,  and get excited online by English punctuation.

Mother of God....

I want to have my hair cut. Dunno why...I haven't got any...but this was years ago....

she asked what I wanted, and I said "do something to  make me look sexy",

so she started drinking....

My car is worth less than £500 book price never costs much, does 50+ to the gallon and is 20 years old - the main thing is it gets me from A-B

• Like 2

I too drive an asthmatic dog kennel.

I remember once being asked why I hadn't waited a couple weeks to get the new registration, but had to point out that come the time to sell, nobody had ever cared when my car was registered. They were only interested in whether it worked, had a full complement of wheels, or an MOT or not.

• Like 3

Lets try again

CAR.png

• Like 1

Worked with drag and drop, strange

13 hours ago, azda said:

Worked with drag and drop, strange

"choose files" now works for me, but I don't see any picture previews on the dialogue - however clicking the Open button does result in the picture getting uploaded.