British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Paddy

Glendining's Sales catalogues 1951 and 1953

A book dealer in the market has left me with two Glendining's Catalogues, which I do not need so I am offering them here in case anyone else can use them. They are:

"British Crown Pieces" formed by F B Nightingale Esq, for sale 24th October 1951 and

"British Gold And Silver Coins, also Commemorative Medals, Cabinets, Books" Part III, collection formed by J C S Rashleigh Esq, for sale 10th June 1953.

Both catalogues are in Good condition, the latter a bit worn at the spine, but neither much stained, marked or torn.

Intriguingly the dealer says he has "a whole boxload of similar" at home, so if anyone is interested enough I can get those brought in too.

I do not know what these should be worth, so please make me a sensible offer, to include postage in the UK.

14 hours ago, Paddy said:

A book dealer in the market has left me with two Glendining's Catalogues, which I do not need so I am offering them here in case anyone else can use them. They are:

"British Crown Pieces" formed by F B Nightingale Esq, for sale 24th October 1951 and

"British Gold And Silver Coins, also Commemorative Medals, Cabinets, Books" Part III, collection formed by J C S Rashleigh Esq, for sale 10th June 1953.

Both catalogues are in Good condition, the latter a bit worn at the spine, but neither much stained, marked or torn.

Intriguingly the dealer says he has "a whole boxload of similar" at home, so if anyone is interested enough I can get those brought in too.

I do not know what these should be worth, so please make me a sensible offer, to include postage in the UK.

I'd take them but not sure of a price either. 😌

How about £8 for the 2 including postage in the UK?

Do you or anyone else want me to get hold of the rest? (I don't want to be lumbered with them if nobody wants them!)

13 minutes ago, Paddy said:

How about £8 for the 2 including postage in the UK?

Do you or anyone else want me to get hold of the rest? (I don't want to be lumbered with them if nobody wants them!)

Sounds good Paddy. You can send to a UK address for me instead of Germany unless sending to Germany doesn't cost the earth to post these days. You can let me know. I don'T think you'd ever get lumbered with these, but its always good to know exactly which catalogues the guy has.

Edited by azda

OK - I would prefer UK address. Can you PM me your email and postal address? I will send a paypal request for funds.

Rob has PM'ed me - interested in all the rest, so I will try to get them from the book chap in the next week or two.

23 hours ago, Paddy said:

OK - I would prefer UK address. Can you PM me your email and postal address? I will send a paypal request for funds.

Rob has PM'ed me - interested in all the rest, so I will try to get them from the book chap in the next week or two.

Yes I thought someone like Rob would be interested in them. Off to PM you now, was busy yesterday, on holiday and painting because I have nothing better to do on my holidays 😩

• Like 1

I phoned the book chap yesterday - he is now worried he may have binned the box of other ones! :( 

He is searching but I may not discover the result until next Wednesday.

2 minutes ago, Paddy said:

I phoned the book chap yesterday - he is now worried he may have binned the box of other ones! :( 

Thats a bit of a disaster

On 8/27/2021 at 9:30 AM, Paddy said:

Hey Paddy, i forgot to mention the catalogues arrived. Thanks

• Like 1

I have a big box full of catalogues from the 1980s and 1990s. Mainly Glendinnings but also Buckland Dix Wood, Lepczyk, Hoare, a Dolphin catalogue and a few others.

Edited by jaggy

Just to bring up to date - the box of catalogues promised by the book dealer has disappeared sadly. He fears he binned it during lockdown.

He is now aware of our potential interest and will let me know if any more turn up.

• Sad 1