British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
secret santa

R.I.P. Don Everly

The last of my 'heroes' has gone. This shitty world has just got a whole lot worse.

• Sad 2

Bit before my time. The Beatles awoke my own interest in pop music.

• Like 1

Another star from the past taken from us - RIP.

• Like 2

On 8/23/2021 at 11:23 AM, 1949threepence said:

Another star from the past taken from us - RIP.

Curiously, just after you posted this, I was going to comment that, for me, it will be a sad day when The Rolling Stones start to fall off their perches, and blow me if Charlie Watts hsn't gone and died. The beginning of the end of my childhood music!

• Like 2

Charlie Watts was an astonishing jazz drummer.

I had a conversation about him in a studio three days ago and we all agreed how amazing he was.

He never looked like he was doing anything, yet it sounded like two people were playing....

5 hours ago, DaveG38 said:

Curiously, just after you posted this, I was going to comment that, for me, it will be a sad day when The Rolling Stones start to fall off their perches, and blow me if Charlie Watts hsn't gone and died. The beginning of the end of my childhood music!

Very sad. My era. I knew a Stone would have to die sometime, but I didn't think we would wait until 2021 for it to happen. :(

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Peckris 2 said:

Very sad. My era. I knew a Stone would have to die sometime, but I didn't think we would wait until 2021 for it to happen. :(

I saw an interview many years ago, with The Stones, on the now defunct satellite channel "Bravo". It was from 1968 and the thing that struck me most forcibly was just how damn intelligent they were. Especially Mick Jagger. Coherent, rational, deep thinking and highly articulate, even on the subject of drug taking. Didn't necessarily agree with them, but I'd have found it difficult to present an effective rebuttal to the assertions being made. Compare that to some of the half baked idiots of later and present eras.  

I'd have enjoyed debating with them. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

I saw an interview many years ago, with The Stones, on the now defunct satellite channel "Bravo". It was from 1968 and the thing that struck me most forcibly was just how damn intelligent they were. Especially Mick Jagger. Coherent, rational, deep thinking and highly articulate, even on the subject of drug taking. Didn't necessarily agree with them, but I'd have found it difficult to present an effective rebuttal to the assertions being made. Compare that to some of the half baked idiots of later and present eras.  

I'd have enjoyed debating with them. 

Mick is famously very mean with cash , maybe one of the reasons for those endless tours LOL

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, copper123 said:

Mick is famously very mean with cash , maybe one of the reasons for those endless tours LOL

He has changed his mind about Brown Sugar - he has said for quite a number of years that he'd never write a song with those lyrics again. Still a great track though! And this year is the 50th anniv of Sticky Fingers (my favourite Stones album).

On 8/24/2021 at 5:58 PM, DaveG38 said:

On 8/22/2021 at 10:48 PM, Peckris 2 said:

Bit before my time. The Beatles awoke my own interest in pop music.

I remember as a teenager, in the village I grew up in, peer pressure forced you to choose between Beatles and Stones..........couldn't be both..........a tricky one!

27dwkurn56v11.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, alfnail said:

I remember as a teenager, in the village I grew up in, peer pressure forced you to choose between Beatles and Stones..........couldn't be both..........a tricky one!

I remember that us kids used to generally prefer one over the other, but there was no hard and fast rule - it was perfectly acceptable to like both!

On 8/27/2021 at 10:04 PM, Peckris 2 said:

I remember that us kids used to generally prefer one over the other, but there was no hard and fast rule - it was perfectly acceptable to like both!

I surpose the weird like me liked The who LOL

4 hours ago, copper123 said:

Now you're talking!

16 hours ago, copper123 said:

Behind Blue Eyes - fabulous song.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DaveG38 said:

Behind Blue Eyes - fabulous song.

That whole album is one of the classic rock albums. :)

• Like 1

I'd take issue with him having Jagger and not Richards in his "Big 3" !!