British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Paddy

Roger Bickford-Smith

Does the name Roger Bickford-Smith mean anything to anyone here?

A friend of mine, who has become a coin collector in the last few years, mentioned that his uncle, the above named Roger, was a keen Penny collector - probably in the 1960s - and was writing a treatise on some aspect of penny varieties when he died quite young. My friend would be keen to know if any papers or articles by him still exist.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Paddy said:

Does the name Roger Bickford-Smith mean anything to anyone here?

A friend of mine, who has become a coin collector in the last few years, mentioned that his uncle, the above named Roger, was a keen Penny collector - probably in the 1960s - and was writing a treatise on some aspect of penny varieties when he died quite young. My friend would be keen to know if any papers or articles by him still exist.

Would this be him, Paddy. Referred to in this article?

It certainly sounds possible - I will pass on to my friend. Can't be many people with that name writing on coins!

Thanks,