British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
secret santa

Forbidden

I tried to post something today but all I got repeatedly was:

403 ERROR %s ERROR
pixel_trans.gif

Sorry but the page you have requested has encountered the following error:

Forbidden

Please feel free to browse the rest of my website
You may also use the "Search" feature to find the product you are looking for
I apologise for the inconvenience.

What does this mean ?

I got this umpteen times when trying to post a funny review from Amazon. Eventually I realised - after many edits - that it was objecting to various trade / company names in the post, and possibly interpreted this as spam? Anyway, once I "disguised" those names it posted successfully.

I don't know if that applies to your failure, but it might be worth looking at to see?

I did have the words Ro*al M*il in there, properly spelt. We'll see if it accepts this.

Royal Mail

2 hours ago, secret santa said:

Not that, then..........

Take a screenshot of your post - e.g. in Notepad or whatever the Windows equivalent of a basic WP is - and upload the picture here. That would (1) get around the problem and (2) might give us a clue why it's been rejected?

Well, I can’t see any obvious reason for the initial failure to post, and I can see where your response was intended to sit .  I hope that forum members make every effort not to deal with this individual going forward,  I certainly would not knowingly sell a coin to him, given that he may demonstrably not act reasonably in any deal and because of the way he has treated you, Richard. I cannot see why he is happy to risk his reputation as a penny collector, other than that he is driven by wealth and arrogance to feel he is immune from public opinion. 
A sorry situation.

Jerry

• Like 1

I think that some people will sympathise with him and celebrate his "windfall".

Another person might even have offered to split the cost so that we both benefit in the event that RM don't pursue repayment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jelida said:

Well, I can’t see any obvious reason for the initial failure to post, and I can see where your response was intended to sit .  I hope that forum members make every effort not to deal with this individual going forward,  I certainly would not knowingly sell a coin to him, given that he may demonstrably not act reasonably in any deal and because of the way he has treated you, Richard. I cannot see why he is happy to risk his reputation as a penny collector, other than that he is driven by wealth and arrogance to feel he is immune from public opinion. 
A sorry situation.

Jerry

It would help if we knew who this individual was (in confidence if you don't want to post names). People ripping off others is a perennial plague.

Three weeks ago I had a guy who successfully placed 3 orders from 11 attempts for 8 wildly differing coins in both value and type using a total of 54 different cards. Those 11 attempts used 4 different names from 3 different addresses. He then got quite animated and angry when I refunded them and explained that I only shipped orders paid with good funds from legitimate sources. What is particularly annoying about this is that there is a cost to me, because the card processing charges are not refunded, though the stolen cards do have their full balance restored. Sadly there is no obvious method of contacting the card issuers to advise them that the cards are being used in this way. Tried to do that in the past and was told it wasn't possible.

On 8/11/2021 at 10:26 AM, jelida said:

A sorry situation.

Jerry

Totally agree Jerry.

I've also noticed that his website is littered with errors of fact.  

• Like 1

I've noticed this error when trying to post a link a few times now.

10 hours ago, Mr T said:

I've noticed this error when trying to post a link a few times now.

It's a PITA having to do it, but uploading the rejected post as an image in the form of a screenshot will always work.

• Like 1