British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

blakeyboy

Chinese coin on ebay

I can see it in Krause - Y#335, page 440 in my 2011 edition. Described as "Unadopted design of National emblem".

Estimated value bears no resemblance to the figures on Ebay though!

• Like 1

Wow - well spotted!!!   10 points.

It's odd- no obvious shill bidding, a mix of bidders, the back on ebay at a buy it now......

what's going on?

• Like 1

On 7/26/2021 at 10:07 AM, blakeyboy said:

Wow - well spotted!!!   10 points.

It's odd- no obvious shill bidding, a mix of bidders, the back on ebay at a buy it now......

what's going on?

If you check out his sold items choosing the Highest First option, coins 6 + 7 and 9 + 10 down, have both received the same treatment.

6 + 7 by the same bidder as the original posted coin, who has, incidentally bought his highest sold coin for a tad over £3000.

The bidder with 605 feedbacks likes a bid too.

I'm sure it's all above board tho. I really must tri ad get on with some work now.😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I ended up getting the £3000 coin :) nothing untoward here just some reluctance at posting abraud for such a high value item.

Chinese prices are going crazy at the moment again, up 2-3x on 2020 prices

20 hours ago, rpeddie said:

I ended up getting the £3000 coin :) nothing untoward here just some reluctance at posting abraud for such a high value item.

Chinese prices are going crazy at the moment again, up 2-3x on 2020 prices

Nice one.

Glasgow is 'abroad' now?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, blakeyboy said:

Nice one.

Glasgow is 'abroad' now?

🤣 feels like it sometimes

the original sales were cancelled and relisted, i got the £3k one of those the other £800 one is still up as it wasn't as tempting.

Coin above is the 1926 20 cents commemorating the wedding between the final  emperor PUYI(at that time abdicated and on his way to become a Japanese puppet)

There was an interesting find in china the other day - all to do with the spade pieces from 700 BC  or so.

There has long been a arguement over if these were the first currency pieces in the world or not - my own opinion is they are very similar to the bronze axe heads from the iron age and bronze age - they probably more served as a store of wealth (As in their copper value)

They are not true coins but can also serve as coins in a time of need , barter was probably a more common way to trade in those times .

The ancient greek silver , gold or electrum coins are at least true coins , I tend to favour these as the first true coins

• Like 1