British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Indian head one cent USA coin

Id like to ask if there is a trustworthy company linked to PCGS here in the UK, I have an Indian head 1864L that i want validating grading valuing and slabbing, to send it to PCGS in the USA I apparently have to become a member first, and there are charges on top of membership. I've had coins go missing in USP postal system when buying from eBay so if i did go down this route is there another recommended delivery service beside USP to ship the coin please.

PCGS are in France and will only accept packages delivered by hand (appointment) or courier.

No couriers will insure packages containing coins, all in the small print. You can independently insure the package.

NGC have a London Office, delivery by appointmrnt, Courier and Royal Mail, Special delivery would insure up to £2500.00. 

Fill in return postage form, and tick box for USA grading. If coins are graded in UK you will be charged VAT.

Hello Chingford

Thank you for your assistance with my inquiry.                                                    Does the NGC office in London do the authentification, valuation, Grading and blocking of coinage etc and would I need to become a member of NCG to get my coin sorted. It would be a lot easier to send it to London than risk sending it to the USA & think I'd be a lot happier too, I need to look at their charges, could you give me their address please, I just tried NCB and there are quite a lot of companies listed under that name.

Edited by Dave

You would need to be a member to submit direct to NGC yourself, okay if you plan a good number.

You can use a member dealer, Numistacker is one I know in London, there is a price guide and instruction on his website.

3 hours ago, Dave said:

Hello Chingford

Thank you for your assistance with my inquiry.                                                    Does the NGC office in London do the authentification, valuation, Grading and blocking of coinage etc and would I need to become a member of NCG to get my coin sorted. It would be a lot easier to send it to London than risk sending it to the USA & think I'd be a lot happier too, I need to look at their charges, could you give me their address please, I just tried NCB and there are quite a lot of companies listed under that name.

You will probably be better to try NGC rather than NCB 😀 👍

21 hours ago, PWA 1967 said:

You will probably be better to try NGC rather than NCB 😀 👍

Yeah - you don't want coal dust all over your coins :lol:

• Like 1