British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

copper123

If your having trouble finding a holiday this year this is from the metro

After a holidaymaker complained to a security guard in pontins southport

The security guard on duty ‘refused to do anything’ because he said it ‘wasn’t his job’, the furious holiday-maker claims.

Michelle said: ‘Drugs were freely being smoked everywhere you turned, kids were running wild until the early hours.

‘Parents were p***ed up, no masks were being worn, bottles of spirits were being brought into the park and drank in the entertainment area on clear show.

‘The door guard didn’t have a badge and refused to deal with the weed. He said it wasn’t his job. So I asked “what is your job then?” to which he replied “clearly a better job than you because I don’t have my holidays in Pontins”.’

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

That must rank alongside Ratners for a quick way to lose your job!

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Paddy said:

That must rank alongside Ratners for a quick way to lose your job!

Yes but its quite witty and very true.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, copper123 said:

After a holidaymaker complained to a security guard in pontins southport

The security guard on duty ‘refused to do anything’ because he said it ‘wasn’t his job’, the furious holiday-maker claims.

Michelle said: ‘Drugs were freely being smoked everywhere you turned, kids were running wild until the early hours.

‘Parents were p***ed up, no masks were being worn, bottles of spirits were being brought into the park and drank in the entertainment area on clear show.

‘The door guard didn’t have a badge and refused to deal with the weed. He said it wasn’t his job. So I asked “what is your job then?” to which he replied “clearly a better job than you because I don’t have my holidays in Pontins”.’

Well he's dead right. It isn't his job, especially given he'll only be on peanuts anyway. Why should he risk violence when it's the job of the police to sort out drug taking.

As far as drunk adults and kids running wild, I'd say that if you want a quiet peaceful holiday, choose somewhere there''ll be no noisy nuisance yobs keeping you awake at night. That doesn't include Pontins.   

Edited by 1949threepence
punctuation
  • Like 2

Personally if it was me  I would tell the holidaymaker to see his employer and possably check out his employment contract - that should get rid of them

The holidaymaker should have checked out the reviews on tripadvisor as well - holiday heaven is not made in butlins southport

Bring the anti ant spray as well - the only place in the uk that I have heard of that has a problem with them.

chavit.jpg

pontins.jpg

I think the main thing here is what really did this couple expect for their money - this place has always had a bad rep. and since pontins sold it to probably the worst hotel group in the country (britannia) which owns some hanging hotels ( the norbreck castle in blackpool comes to mind).

They are not charging much for a rapidly disapearing resorce so you are not exactly going to have a holiday in bali .

The security guard is also not there to police the customers - if any customer is upset about illegal goings on report it to the police ,( expect a good kickin' as you leave the park though}.