British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

1949threepence

Side effects of the covid vaccine

I had my first covid jab a few weeks ago (the Oxford AZ), and was slightly apprehensive about side effects, given what I'd heard from others, but in the event, apart from a sore arm, I never experienced any.

That contrasts massively with some colleagues who experienced very severe side effects - intense headache, nausea and sickness with one. Intense headache, chills and terrible muscle pains/cramps with another. Others, like me, experienced no side effects, or very mild.

We've some to the conclusion that those who've actually had covid, experience bad side effects from the vaccine. The daughter of one of the colleagues above caught covid last Autumn, and she'd driven in the car with her daughter just before she went down with symptoms. She herself then lost her sense of smell and taste, but tested negative with the PCR, and returned to work, still not feeling right, but OK after a few more days. The other colleague definitely had covid, and tested positive. Was off work for several weeks.

Similarly others who actually caught covid at some stage, also suffered worse side effects from the vaccine. 

Anybody here suffered side effects from the jab?   

Slightly lethargic next day after the first one. Nothing after the second.

Nothing at all after the first - not even an aching arm. I had the second last Friday - I have felt a little tired and had a slight headache occasionally since, but whether this is because of the jab or not, I can't tell.

My side effect lasted less than a day. I felt like someone was sticking needles at the top of my shoulder periodically. I have also heard that the side effects can be severe for those who actually had covid.

All fine after the first jab, until one o'clock in the morning, when I basically caught the flu,

and was in bed the next day.  Also my arm was very sore for two weeks.

Second jab tomorrow morning....:-)

I was hospitalised for a couple of days after the first jab BUT...

• without MS I'd just have had a day off feeling extra tired and weak, nothing worse
  • the second day in hospital I was fine but they wouldn't discharge me until they'd set up home help for a few days

After the second jab, virtually no ill effects.

Quite weak and fluey  the day after my first, but no reaction to my second.  Apparently this tends to be the pattern with the A-Z jab, and tends to be the opposite with the Pfizer. Reassuring to have had some reaction though,  psychologically you feel the body  has recognised the insult and will react against it.

There are good biological reasons why the jab gives a greater reaction with those who have previously been infected.

Jerry

• Like 2

Yes, we had the Pfizer jab and had no side effects from the 1st jab but after the 2nd I had a very sore arm for a couple of days and my wife was quite poorly for 2-3 days.

Still, small price to pay.

I had no symptoms at all after both AZ jabs other than sleeping poorly that night.

Like others I've had no side effects from either dose other than a sore arm and bruised jab site with the first. AZ in my case.

Apparently one of the side effects of coronavirus vaccines is no taste...

Thoughts go out to all the Eastenders fans out there

and..

A friend just had his 2nd injection at the vaccination center and began to have blurred vision the whole way home.  
When he got home, he called the vaccination center for advice and to ask if he should go see a doctor, or be hospitalized.  
He was told to come back to the vaccination center as a matter of urgency to collect his glasses.

• Haha 6

23 minutes ago, Diaconis said:

Apparently one of the side effects of coronavirus vaccines is no taste...

Thoughts go out to all the Eastenders fans out there

and..

A friend just had his 2nd injection at the vaccination center and began to have blurred vision the whole way home.  
When he got home, he called the vaccination center for advice and to ask if he should go see a doctor, or be hospitalized.  
He was told to come back to the vaccination center as a matter of urgency to collect his glasses.

BoomBoom and BoomBoom!!!

I had my second jab this morning, and I asked if I could play sax in my mate's band this evening, and they said I'd be fine.

I told them that I couldn't play the saxophone when I woke up this morning, so this was a brilliant unexpected side effect....

Unbelievably, none of the health workers had heard this old chestnut before, and fell about.....

Edited by blakeyboy
speling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

I had the Pfizer one (1st dose) about 6 weeks ago .Felt fine the next day , apart from a bit of a sore arm .The following couple of days , I felt like I was coming down with the flu .Was even laid up in bed for most of the 2nd day .Hopefully the next one isn't as bad .

images.jpg

• Haha 2

images.jpg

Edited by copper123
  • Haha 3

On 6/2/2021 at 9:37 PM, copper123 said:

images.jpg

You take a wide detour to avoid hitting one of those with a car. They have the last laugh.

• Haha 1

Had the first AZ shot in May. No side effects at all. Second shot due in July. Vaccination hesitancy rife in Australia but the recent Victoria cases have focused people’s minds and vaccination rates have accelerated.

• Like 1