British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

coinmerchant

2015 Battle Of Britain 50p With No Denomination

I acquired this coin in a job lot I won in a coin auction, not eBay a few years ago.

Although the coin looks genuine, I am not sure now, has the weight is 8.10 grams, not 8.0. The size is correct

at 27.3 mm. I have checked other Fifty pence pieces and they weigh exactly 8.00 grams

Could this be a copy or fake?

I would be most grateful for your expert help.

William

1 hour ago, coinmerchant said:

I acquired this coin in a job lot I won in a coin auction, not eBay a few years ago.

Although the coin looks genuine, I am not sure now, has the weight is 8.10 grams, not 8.0. The size is correct

at 27.3 mm. I have checked other Fifty pence pieces and they weigh exactly 8.00 grams

Could this be a copy or fake?

I would be most grateful for your expert help.

William

All the ones in packets had no denomination ,so been taken out.

• Like 1

In Spink's Coins of England (Decimal Issues), your specimen (with obverse by Ian Rank-Broadley and without denomination) is recorded as H29 and, as Pete stated above, it was issued in the various Royal Mint folders.

Coins with obverse by Jody Clark are recorded as H31, also without denomination although the Battle of Britain 50ps struck for circulation did contain the denomination (50 PENCE) .