British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Duncan149

Henry VI farthing

Hi all. I have what I believe is a Henry VI farthing but I am having trouble getting the exact type. I would have thought pinecone/mascle or rosette mascle. The width is 10mm at the widest, and weight 0.25g. Any ideas? Thanks in advance

160 (1).jpg

160 (2).jpg

It's definitely got a mascle stop, but I'm not so sure about the pinecone(?) before DON. If it is a pinecone, then the reverse isn't listed in Withers. Is there a leaf on the breast? If so, then it could be a leaf issue. Withers notes the Walters example, but says there is a leaf after CIVI, which this one doesn't have space for. The key will be trying to see what is after HENRIC. Try cleaning it up a bit.

• Like 2

Hi Rob. Many thanks for this. I may give the coin a little time in olive oil but I don't think that it will expose much more of the legend after HENRIC. What is theer appears circular in form but it is difficult to say.