British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

I've also got a few lots in the DNW auction on 6 Apr.  There are one or two varieties on offer.

The following posts give a few notes and some pictures for the lot with no picture.

• Like 1

Lot 764 has no pictures, so here is the 1884 6d (NB the scratches are on the plastic of the slab), 1886 6d and 1889 6d (2+C).

D1103.jpg

D1105.jpg

D1164-2C.jpg

Edited by Nick
  • Like 4

Lot 791 contains a nice 1913 shilling, a fairly scarce 1921 shilling 4+E and the scarcer 1st type (non-ME) 1926 threepence (despite what it is says on the slab!).

D1942.jpg

Edited by Nick

8 hours ago, Nick said:

Lot 791 contains a nice 1913 shilling, a fairly scarce 1921 shilling 4+E and the scarcer 1st type (non-ME) 1926 threepence (despite what it is says on the slab!).

Remind me which that is? I'm looking to upgrade my 1921 (pre-1920 obverse) which I've only got in VF.

1 hour ago, Peckris 2 said:

Remind me which that is? I'm looking to upgrade my 1921 (pre-1920 obverse) which I've only got in VF.

It's the scarcest of the four shallow recut portrait die pairings. I suspect the one you'd be interested in is the more deeply engraved portrait (3+D), which was in the previous sale and went for a steal.

23 hours ago, Nick said:

It's the scarcest of the four shallow recut portrait die pairings. I suspect the one you'd be interested in is the more deeply engraved portrait (3+D), which was in the previous sale and went for a steal.

Aargh. I missed it...

11 hours ago, Peckris 2 said:

Aargh. I missed it...

It was a combined lot with 5 other shillings, so if all you wanted was the 1921 3+D there would have been some "baggage" to dispose of.

9 hours ago, Nick said:

It was a combined lot with 5 other shillings, so if all you wanted was the 1921 3+D there would have been some "baggage" to dispose of.

What grade was it?

On 3/18/2021 at 1:12 PM, Nick said:

Lot 764 has no pictures, so here is the 1884 6d (NB the scratches are on the plastic of the slab), 1886 6d and 1889 6d (2+C).

D1103.jpg

D1105.jpg

D1164-2C.jpg

May have to have a go on these to add to the others from your collection😉

• Like 1

On 3/20/2021 at 8:35 PM, Peckris 2 said:

What grade was it?

Sorry for the late reply, don't know how I missed the question, but it was EF.

5 hours ago, Nick said:

Sorry for the late reply, don't know how I missed the question, but it was EF.

Damn. Wish I'd spotted it.