British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Mr T

spink numsimatic circular

Is it still published? And is it anywhere on the Spink website? Google gives me a couple of hints, both of which are dead links.

20 minutes ago, Mr T said:

Is it still published? And is it anywhere on the Spink website? Google gives me a couple of hints, both of which are dead links.

SNC's final issue staggered out at the start of 2014, and it had been getting more infrequent in the couple of years before that. It used to be 6 a year (and every month long ago). The bloke in charge unfortunately had a serious car accident at the time which was the final blow.

It's not on Spink's website. 

• Like 1

Ah that would explain it.

The archive link on their website leads nowhere to I see. Was it a .pdf in more recent times?

12 minutes ago, Mr T said:

Ah that would explain it.

The archive link on their website leads nowhere to I see. Was it a .pdf in more recent times?

Never heard of that to be honest - like their search a coin archive from the sound of it, you key in any general info about a type of coin and it comes up with "No lots found". Complete waste of time.

1 hour ago, Mr T said:

Was it a .pdf in more recent times?

As I recall, it was only ever issued as a hard copy glossy, with a few articles and some coins for sale. I actually had one or two small articles published in it.

• Like 1

I remember that SNC with great fondness as during the mid-90s to about '03 I bought some fabulous coins from it at real world prices, with some literally museum pieces that I probably have no business  owning.....wonderful coins were still on the list by the time it made it over to the USA. DIdn't hurt to be on the pre-pub list as I got faxed some offers..

I tried to look up some coins for research purposes and as above get NOWHERE on their site. I suppose that the Newman Portal may have some info.

The Search facility on their site is absolutely appalling. It has been pointed out on here before but they do nothing about it. It's a disgrace that such a prestigious name should have such an awful website.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, VickySilver said:

I remember that SNC with great fondness as during the mid-90s to about '03 I bought some fabulous coins from it at real world prices, with some literally museum pieces that I probably have no business  owning.....wonderful coins were still on the list by the time it made it over to the USA. DIdn't hurt to be on the pre-pub list as I got faxed some offers..

I tried to look up some coins for research purposes and as above get NOWHERE on their site. I suppose that the Newman Portal may have some info.

the Spink site is probably the worst i have used to try find past  auction info, seems like it cannot handle more than 1 word in a search,

If anyone wants to look up an old Spink Numismatic circular, you can get a copy of any one (or part of one) you want for a small fee, from the Fitzwilliam Museum library. That's where I got my 1895 scan about the small date 1857 last year.

The link to the Spink circulars list, which start on page 101 is here  

Just e mail this address and ask for the one you want. They'll let you know the nominal charge:->       licensing@fitzmuseum.cam.ac.uk 

As far as Spink themselves, you'd get more sense from the cat. 

@Mr T - you might find the above useful info.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Circular was online in the archive section until about 2011-12 when the previously very dysfunctional site was taken down and replaced by something a little less unpredictable.

15/6d for an 1857 penny was a lot in 1895 when the regular pieces were going for 9d up to 2/-. I see it was priced at about the same level as a Fine 1860

Yes the Spink website is broken. I recall having some luck with Internet Explorer some years ago but it is no longer maintained I don't think.

I found https://fliphtml5.com/sbxk/oeok/basic and https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/view/31858249/download-pdf-spink though I can't find any working .pdf downloaders for those sites at the moment.

Anyway, I put together what I could find at my site: https://www.coincuriosity.com/snc.html

I'll build this up as I find digitised issues and I have time.