British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

secret santa

2021 Unc set mystery

The whole set is integrated and sealed into a single pack so that no individual part of it can be replaced and so withdrawing the set and re-issuing a new one is the only practical option. I bought mine through the Westminster outfit so they would have my details rather than the Mint. The set cost £55 so I don't think that they would consider sending a replacement without receiving the faulty set first.

And they have only offered this replacement as an option rather than a request, so I suspect that most people won't bother.

Expensive mistake, rather like product recalls.

1 hour ago, secret santa said:

The whole set is integrated and sealed into a single pack so that no individual part of it can be replaced and so withdrawing the set and re-issuing a new one is the only practical option. I bought mine through the Westminster outfit so they would have my details rather than the Mint. The set cost £55 so I don't think that they would consider sending a replacement without receiving the faulty set first.

And they have only offered this replacement as an option rather than a request, so I suspect that most people won't bother.

Expensive mistake, rather like product recalls.

Ah, hadn't realised that. Fair enough. 

Still expensive though. Could just issue an official correction sheet to be sealed onto the pack somewhere as an alternative to sending the entire thing back (if there's room), and give customers the choice.

How long before we get the rare "Televison" sets offered on e bay at an inflated price (or the other way round)  

On 3/10/2021 at 9:25 AM, secret santa said:

When you think about it, this blatant spelling mistake (in very large letters) plus the grammatical error I mentioned earlier represents a pretty p*ss poor effort by the Royal Mint.

I am sure the grammar and spelling nazis on here have not bought the coins or they would be first to complain

2 hours ago, copper123 said:

I am sure that the 'Grammar and Spelling' Nazis on here have not bought the coins, for they would have been the first to complain. 

Sorry, I couldn't resist- a bit of a red flag.....

• Haha 1