British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Mr T

british sixpence/mauritius quarter rupee obverse mule

Apparently this is mentioned in the 1998 Coincraft but I've never heard of it before - anyone know of any other references to it?

Wow, I will take a look, but don't recall this one....

• Like 1

Anyone got a CoinCraft to see what year it's meant to be?

On 1/17/2021 at 9:18 PM, Mr T said:

Anyone got a CoinCraft to see what year it's meant to be?

Somewhere. But it will take forever to dig it out!

Not in Bull as I am sure you checked already. I don' t know what I did with my 2000 Coincraft Catalogue.

It isn't in the 2000 edition as far as I can see.

It is a 1966, described as an error obverse, designated obverse M which was designed by Cecil Thomas for the Mauritius quater rupee.

• Like 1

Hmmm, that does ring a bell - perhaps it was in a sale a while ago? Does this all mean the you have the coin?

I must say they did come up with some concoctions in this era, what with off-metal strikes and oddities - I have a florin struck with the security edge which by recall is from edges for Mauritius and Hong Kong, maybe some of the African colonial series (?).

11 minutes ago, VickySilver said:

Hmmm, that does ring a bell - perhaps it was in a sale a while ago? Does this all mean the you have the coin?

I must say they did come up with some concoctions in this era, what with off-metal strikes and oddities - I have a florin struck with the security edge which by recall is from edges for Mauritius and Hong Kong, maybe some of the African colonial series (?).

No, not mine, I don't collect errors. I just looked it up in the 1997 Coincraft book.

I wonder why it disappeared from CoinCraft then.