British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

12 hours ago, Paddy said:

That one at least you have chance of getting right (or if not have a good laugh). 

The one I could never get right was: "The sixth sick sheikh's sixth son's sick."

I posted that last night and only when reading back this morning realised that I had got it wrong!

Should be: "The sixth sick sheikh's sixth sheep's sick." Much more difficult!

28 minutes ago, Paddy said:

I posted that last night and only when reading back this morning realised that I had got it wrong!

I doubt that was a common saying Paddy ...........I have just spent 5 minutes trying to read it out loud and given up 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Paddy said:

Hmmmm, tough. You certainly can't say it quickly, unlike:-

"She sells sea shells, by the sea shore" or "Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled pepper", which seem very easy by comparison. 

When I was very young a neighbour boy, a year or two older than me, used to tease me with this one:

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

I couldn't get it right then, but it seems easy now.

5 hours ago, Paddy said:

When I was very young a neighbour boy, a year or two older than me, used to tease me with this one:

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

I couldn't get it right then, but it seems easy now.

The full version is

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               As much wood as a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood

• Like 1