British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

will1976

New forest coin find

21 minutes ago, will1976 said:

Yes that was very interesting, thanks. Amazing what occasionally turns up, and a really neat find for the family concerned.

On another note:-

More than 47,000 finds have been recorded with the scheme in 2020, with 6,251 reported during the full lockdown from March to May, when metal detecting was prohibited.

Sounds as though many were roaming the countryside at that time, for more than just exercise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It also makes you wonder what else is still waiting to be found

11 hours ago, will1976 said:

The report says that it is the equivalent of £14000 today. But i wonder what the coins are actually worth? Probably more than that i would guess.

• Like 1

I suspect this hoard was worth at least 12 years wages for the average worker somehow values such as 6 months of the average wage these days dont do a hoard like this justice

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Iannich48 said:

The report says that it is the equivalent of £14000 today. But i wonder what the coins are actually worth? Probably more than that i would guess.

I'd guess massively more.

Spinks has HVIII VF Angels valued between 2 and 4 grand so 64 of them could be worth around £200,000.

I'm more intrigued by who buried a load of Krugerrand's in the garden in the 70's and forgot about them!  

• Like 1

I would be surprised if its not worth £250, 000 or more

On 12/10/2020 at 6:37 PM, copper123 said:

I would be surprised if its not worth £250, 000 or more

or ~£161,000 after DNW fees 🌚

• Haha 1