British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
zond1975

Henry Vi farting?

I would go for a fake . The dies seem to be engraved and not produced with the use of punches 

• Like 1

Same here. It should be saltire stops on the obverse, not pellets. It's dodgy status is helped by a fine price of 525 and a VF one of 2250.

• Like 1

Looks a lovely coin if its genuine - i am not an expert on these, but I know they don't fart

Edited by copper123
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Lot 734

Find similar lotsEstimate: 1500 GBP
Price realized: 3200 GBP

EmailPrint
Plantagenet Coins

Henry VI (First reign, 1422-1461), Annulet issue, Farthing, York, mm. cross pommee on obv. only, lis by neck, 0.29g/6h (Cook, SNC December 1998, p.428, this coin; Lessen, BNJ 1993, –; Withers A.1, this coin illustrated; Whitton –; N –; S 1852A). Good very fine with an excellent portrait; of the highest rarity and believed the only known specimen ?1,500-?2,000
+HENRIC.REX.ANGL
CIVI/TAS/ EBO/ RACI - York mint
---

Provenance: Purchased "several years ago" [i.e. early 1990s] in West Yorkshire; Glendining Auction, 28 July 1999, lot 89

image00734.jpg

Just now, Matteo95 said:

I would go for a fake . The dies seem to be engraved and not produced with the use of punches 

hold this coin in my hands and it's looks like uncirculated, 

Just now, copper123 said:

Looks a lovely coin if its genuine - i am not an expert on these, but I know they don't fart

Sorry for my "brocken" English :))  FARTHING!!!

Where it was obtained might give a clue to if its a fraud

You did not get it from china , I hope

I think that a comparison with the image of the coin sold at auction could be quite clear. The pellets shape and their distribution in the inner circles are quite different as well as the shape of some letters, see the S for example.