British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Mart

long term bulk storage

Morning All

Any recomendation for long term bulk storage of coins

Thanks

50 minutes ago, Mart said:

Morning All

Any recomendation for long term bulk storage of coins

Thanks

Individually in paper envelopes in a place that is a cool temperature.

Agreed - and a consistent temperature is important (within reason). Attics are generally a very bad place to store coins as the temperature varies wildly over the year, often freezing in the winter and 30c + in the summer. (Hotter than outside because of the roofs exposure to direct sun.)

Attics are generally not good for storing anything of value. Wood dries out and splits, oil paintings crack, silver tarnishes and clothes get mildew.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Mart said:

I have hundreds to store envelopes would be to bulky

Bronze ,copper ,brass  will all tone and have the risk of spreading verd from one coin to another if the coins not seperated.

You could put a couple of thousand in paper coin envelopes which are the same size as a coin and would still fit in a small box.

Envelopes is the less bulky way to store them individually,although if you find a better option please let me know 👍

https://www.rpcoins.co.uk/collections/accessories

Pictured bottom right.

Edited by PWA 1967

I use the little plastic bags that coins come in from banks for bulk storage - I think the plastic is inert (I've been using them for years without any trouble).