British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
craigy

Bu 2021 sovereign

a snip at £520 😉

ok it has a matt finish and a special privi mark 

2021 sovereign

Edited by craigy

" Features a special George III royal cypher mint mark " maybe it should have been a pack of cards seeing as how he lost so much money at it , his father bailed him out several times.

Great britains most hated king, even his father dispaired at him

Edited by copper123

"This year’s edition has also been embellished with a special mint mark, the royal cypher of George III, commemorating the 200th anniversary of the end of the reign of the first monarch to appear on the modern Sovereign."

That is just so lame. A frightful price for an ordinary BU sovereign. 

2 hours ago, copper123 said:

" Features a special George III royal cypher mint mark " maybe it should have been a pack of cards seeing as how he lost so much money at it , his father bailed him out several times.

Great britains most hated king, even his father dispaired at him

I think you're confusing him with George IV who was utterly detested and reviled, and had been bailed out by George III several times.

• Like 3

Among the many vices of George IV was being excessively overweight. One of his nicknames was the "Prince of Whales".

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, Sword said:

"This year’s edition has also been embellished with a special mint mark, the royal cypher of George III, commemorating the 200th anniversary of the end of the reign of the first monarch to appear on the modern Sovereign."

That is just so lame. A frightful price for an ordinary BU sovereign. 

any excuse for a mint mark now 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, craigy said:

Absolutely.  They have discovered this new business and now they are maximizing it .. the problem is that many of these new sovereigns are bought for speculative purpose 

In any case, just to be precise this is still a 2020 dated emission , for the 2021 it has been announced the proof one https://www.royalmint.com/sovereign/2021/the-sovereign-2021/  

15 hours ago, Peckris 2 said:

I think you're confusing him with George IV who was utterly detested and reviled, and had been bailed out by George III several times.

yes you are right I did put george IV and it was a mix up - his father was a totally sound guy apart from the odd bout of mental illness , we have much to thank him for even the RHS

• Like 3

5 hours ago, craigy said:

I've spent the evening with a chisel and a box of After Eights.....

Mintmarks apart from when they were featured on captured bullion were made redundant 500 years ago when the date was added to coins - what a brill idea that was - wish I

had copyrighted it - I would be worth a fortune now , I also would be dead i surpose, LOL

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, copper123 said:

yes you are right I did put george IV and it was a mix up - his father was a totally sound guy apart from the odd bout of mental illness , we have much to thank him for even the RHS

I've got a feeling that George III was affectionately known as 'Farmer George'?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Peckris 2 said:

I've got a feeling that George III was affectionately known as 'Farmer George'?

watch the film "The madness of king george" its very good

• Like 1

I love the fact that it was intended  to be called 'King George 111',

but they genuinely believed that Americans would think they had missed the first two films and so they changed the name......

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, blakeyboy said:

I love the fact that it was intended  to be called 'King George 111',

but they genuinely believed that Americans would think they had missed the first two films and so they changed the name......

Called "King George III " that would be madness

• Haha 1

madness.jpg

• Haha 1