British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

hazelman

Iphone coin photography

I am interested to know if anyone has had success at great coin photography using an Iphone. I believe its possible and i'm looking to create a setup that works,that is easily copied by others and is not cost prohibitive.

I am asking as this may already have been accomplished by someone on the site, in which case i will evaluate their system and if possible make improvements.

My setup will consist of a copystand, appropriate lighting (could be ring lighting or led lights) a suitable platform to place the coin and of course an iphone.

Looking forward to your responses. 

If anyone ever purchased a Modahaus steady stand and wishes to sell it im interested. i think the company may have gone bust. I cant find any available on Amazon ebay etc.

Yes, the more important thing is the lighting, and the stand, than the precise camera - having said that, digital zoom isn't brilliant so you need to have your phone sufficiently near to the coin.

• Like 1