British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

ozjohn

Jacaranda at Laidley Queensland

Photo of a Jacaranda tree taken a week or so ago at Laidley Qld. Jacarandas flower in Oct/November and mark the start of the exam period at High Schools and Universities.

IMG_1289.jpg

Edited by ozjohn
typo
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, ozjohn said:

Photo of a Jacaranda tree taken a week or so ago at Laidley Qld. Jacarandas flower in Oct/November and mark the start of the exam period at High Schools and Universities.

IMG_1289.jpg

Very nice. Start of your Summer in Oz. Start of our long, dark miserable Winter in the UK.

3 hours ago, terrysoldpennies said:

beautiful colour , is it native only to Australia.

I am not certain but I think the Jacaranda is native to Southern Africa. Certainly when I was young my parents drank Jacaranda Sherry, which was South African. (My mother was born there.)

I still have a "pottle" - half a demijohn size bottle - with the Jacaranda Sherry label on it. Currently filled with home made Apple port...

• Like 1

Yes a spectacular tree native to Brazil widely planted around the world. I've seen them growing in LA and Spain as well. Grafton, NSW holds a Jacaranda Festival every year in November I'm sure they are grown in South Africa.

Edited by ozjohn
Typo
  • Like 1

I have one, grown from seeds I collected in the mountains between Portugal and Spain in 1986- still  going strong

in a pot. They won't flower in a pot usually, and only then on last year's growth, so pruning them to get them into a greenhouse every year

pretty well ensures that I won't see flowers. i haven't pruned it this year, since it's going into an over- wintering enclosure

that has more height to it, but I'm not crossing my fingers!

A famously 'messy' tree- don't plant one by a path or you will be sweeping forever...:)

Messy perhaps but the carpet of spent blue flowers are a sight to behold.