British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
1949threepence

Mark Rasmussen's seemingly mysterious website

Does he have any stock listed for sale anywhere? He refers to a list 33 which I can't seem to find. When you use the magnifying glass to look things up, they all seem to be sold.

Maybe it's me being thick, but it's like no other dealer's site I've seen.

Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

link 

Click on the 3 lines on the left hand side ,scroll down to current sock, base metal or whatever it is your looking for.

Edited by PWA 1967
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, PWA 1967 said:

Click on the 3 lines on the left hand side ,scroll down to base metal or whatever it is your looking for.

Thanks Pete.

Still somewhat difficult to navigate. Not the best for organisation, or clear as to what is newest and a bit of a struggle to get through. Still, Mark has gotten me some reMARKable coins over the years - truly spectacular on occasion. I suspect his interests these last few years have broadened/shifted a bit.

Now if only he can find me the missing specimen 1920 3d and 6d! And resurrect my long-lost 1863 florin!

• Like 1

Yes, it's a lousy site in that you can't go directly to a particular monarch/denomination. All the coins are in random order rather than date sequence so you have to go through every page of, say, base metal, to check out every penny.

Staggering in its non-simplicity.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, secret santa said:

Yes, it's a lousy site in that you can't go directly to a particular monarch/denomination. All the coins are in random order rather than date sequence so you have to go through every page of, say, base metal, to check out every penny.

Staggering in its non-simplicity.

First thing I noticed. Reminded me of Baldwins.    

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, 1949threepence said:

First thing I noticed. Reminded me of Baldwins.

I'm sure that if I were in business, having an efficient website would be the top priority.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, secret santa said:

I'm sure that if I were in business, having an efficient website would be the top priority.

Absolutely crucial, especially in these days of more and more sales moving online, accelerated by the pandemic. 

A simple, logical, well laid out and user friendly website is essential. One where you don't have to waste time and get frustrated trying to find things/register/sign it etc.

Doesn't have to be attractive, that's not important. Just easy to use and navigate.      

25 minutes ago, secret santa said:

It's like going into a brick and mortar store (selling anything), and everything is all over the place with no semblance of order.

Extraordinarily difficult to find anything without perusing every aisle. And wasting valuable time..

I experienced that coins had been sold and the website had not been updated to reflect this, it was disappointing.