British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
blakeyboy

Penny market slump?

Just got my LCA catalogue- straight to pennies as usual......uh...where are they?

Had to look online to find them- hardly any, no pictures in the catalogue, which is why I missed them.

Do penny people think it's a bad time to sell?  The opposite scenario to gold coins? Never seen so much gold in this catalogue before....

26 minutes ago, blakeyboy said:

Do penny people think it's a bad time to sell?  The opposite scenario to gold coins? Never seen so much gold in this catalogue before....

Not sure if I have enough expertise in the series to be a "penny person" but I've consigned some decent pennies recently - all to BSJ though.

The ones in the last sale did alright; it may well quickly become a good market to sell in if people don't consign. 

26 minutes ago, blakeyboy said:

Just got my LCA catalogue- straight to pennies as usual......uh...where are they?

Had to look online to find them- hardly any, no pictures in the catalogue, which is why I missed them.

Good question. No idea, but have noticed the same as you. Very few pennies. Kleeford Coin auction is due out on 30th August. It'll be interesting to see what they have. 

Conversely, as you say, gold is booming. Maybe as a security hedge in these uncertain times. I've noticed nearly all the coin cabinet auctions are 100% gold.