British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

craigy

hoard uncovered

Not everyone is on facebook. What was in it?

I am not on Facebook either, but you can still watch it if you ignore the requests to log on...

I only managed the first 2 mins, then I saw it was 2 1/2 hours long! I have better things to do with my time. The start is a bunch of detectorists in a hole in the ground scratching at a corroded hoard...

It wasnt a corroded hoard. They found 2 buckets worth of civil war coinage. I grabbed a couple of screenshots.

Screenshot_20200728-113343_Messenger.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah, there looked as if there might be some nice pieces there.  Hopefully a better overview of the contents of the find will be posted in a bit.

just read "So the Civil War hoard count was at 1028 but has increased some what..... still finding them in the ploughsoil."

• Like 2