British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
secret santa

New book "The Decimal Penny"

Michael Gouby put me in touch with a chap called Frank Hulett who's just had published a new A5-sized booklet devoted to the decimal penny 1971-2020. It's an excellent piece of work with superb illustrations and descriptions of the different varieties that he's come across. He's also discovered that the Brilliant Uncirculated specimens issued by the Royal Mint sometimes have characteristics different from the specimens issued for circulation.

Frank is happy to supply interested collectors with a copy of his splendid book for the cost of postage.

His email address (which he's happy for me to quote) is:

frankhulett@hotmail.com

I recommend it for collectors of decimal coins.

• Like 2

Thanks for the 'heads up'. I emailed Frank yesterday and there's one in the post.

Ditto

Looking forward to seeing if Franks found any more varieties, that bhx7 and myself haven't already identified.

Edited by AardHawk
spelling

Booklet arrived today. Most impressed: Information, layout, photography and reproduction of such - all excellent. Many thanks Frank.

Frank has just put my copy of his book, in the mail to the USA. Looking forward to looking at it. Thanks to Secret Santa for the heads up!

All the Best,

Bob

My copy arrived yesterday and its a jolly nice booklet Frank.

All the detail, concise and with coloured pictures. Only missing the portcullis rivet position varieties.

Nice - not really into decimals myself but always good to see good coin books coming out.

On 7/21/2020 at 4:35 PM, secret santa said:

Michael Gouby put me in touch with a chap called Frank Hulett who's just had published a new A5-sized booklet devoted to the decimal penny 1971-2020. It's an excellent piece of work with superb illustrations and descriptions of the different varieties that he's come across. He's also discovered that the Brilliant Uncirculated specimens issued by the Royal Mint sometimes have characteristics different from the specimens issued for circulation.

Frank is happy to supply interested collectors with a copy of his splendid book for the cost of postage.

frankhulett@hotmail.com

Just as a matter of interest, do you know whether Frank Hulett is any relation to the late Dr John Hulett, whose very extensive collection has been spread over several DNW auctions? I only ask because Hulett is not an especially common surname, and there is an obvious coins link.

11 minutes ago, 1949threepence said:

Just as a matter of interest, do you know whether Frank Hulett is any relation to the late Dr John Hulett, whose very extensive collection has been spread over several DNW auctions? I only ask because Hulett is not an especially common surname, and there is an obvious coins link.

Ask him. John was an only child and never married, so it would have to be a couple generations back.

20 hours ago, Rob said:

Ask him. John was an only child and never married, so it would have to be a couple generations back.

Did you mean "a couple, generations back" or "a couple OF generations back".

6 minutes ago, Peckris 2 said:

Did you mean "a couple, generations back" or "a couple OF generations back".

Both will do. I don't know the answer, so 'a couple, generations back' will presumably apply at some point even if they were cold blooded and had feathers. A couple of generations back is less certain, but possible.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2020 at 11:35 AM, secret santa said:

frankhulett@hotmail.com

I just received my copy of John's book, here in the USA. I am very pleased with the book, it is very professionally assembled with excellent color photo's.

Great job John, thank you very much for including me in you initial release.

All the Best, Bob Crawford.

11 hours ago, RLC35 said:

John's book

I'll pass your comments on to FRANK (!)😡

5 hours ago, secret santa said:

I'll pass your comments on to FRANK (!)😡

Sorry for the typo...yes thank Frank! 😊

Any idea if this is still available?