British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

mick1271

Goubys The British bronze penny .

6 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

You're close to Bletchley Park. Do you ever visit there?

I went in 2012 - fascinating place.

My father was stationed there during the war.....

Many fond memories of the area...

They had a temporary exhibition a few years ago,  that was supposed to be converted to a smaller permanent display, about its role during the war .. My dad sent them some pictures, his library card, and some other memorabilia on loan for the duration....

Not sure if it still exists though. I haven't heard back from them recently, and he asks me periodically about it. (He's 99, my mom 95, married 73 years this Oct 12).

If anyone visits Bletchley Park, I'd appreciate an update...

• Like 1

My only claim to fame dashed on the rocks!

(To the left of the lighthouse)...:)

Yours,

Barrie.

12 hours ago, blakeyboy said:

but we went on the SVR- what a wonderful day out. Everyone should do it.

They even had Bathams Beer on the train!!!! Best beer in the Midlands.

Better than Banks's? :o

1 hour ago, Peckris 2 said:

Better than Banks's? :o

Much better. :)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Rob said:

Much better. :)

I was in Birmingham in the 70s and much of the 80s. I remember M&B, Ansells, and Banks's - of which Banks's was by far the best. I don't remember ever seeing Bathams.

37 minutes ago, Peckris 2 said:

I was in Birmingham in the 70s and much of the 80s. I remember M&B, Ansells, and Banks's - of which Banks's was by far the best. I don't remember ever seeing Bathams.

They only had a handful of pubs in the late 70s - certainly less than 10. We used to get a barrel down for New Year at the caving club but recall it running out by the 29th on one occasion. Simkiss was another Midlands brewer which did a really nice pint, but that was taken over in the 80s as I recall. And Holden's. And Mrs P's. Banks's was always ok, but readily available. I've clearly spent too much time in the area.

The only ones we avoided were M&B & A**holes.

Edited by Rob

Party Seven, anyone?

Eurghhhh.

Only weak Springfield was passable as a 'Summer Gulper'.

Bloody dimple glasses, ghastly beer, horrible brown pubs. Don't miss  'em one bit.

Bathams still only have 19 outlets or thereabouts.

The waiting list is probably 30 years.

They don't want to get bigger and have the entire company tax structure change, so the beer suffers.

The bottled is good, but the draught in a pub is extraordinary.

My wife likes good beer, and as a treat on our way home from the midlands

I stopped at the Plough in Shenstone, so she could have her first Bathams.

It did her head in. She could not believe it.....