British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Paulus

1696 Bristol Sixpence - Tickets

This no stops on obv 6d I'm considering comes with 2 tickets, anyone recognise the collector / dealer from them?

1696_sx_b_no_stops_01_ref_02069_01_2400.jpg

1696_sx_b_no_stops_01_ref_02069_ticket_0

Not a clue, but best guess would be client no.640 wants one of these and the other bit could be and/or a price code, vendor and year of purchase. Could be a Baldwin's ticket, in which case 71 could be client number it was acquired from or alternatively it was acquired in 71. I don't know who Baldwin's 71 or 640 are.

Nice coin!

22 hours ago, Rob said:

Not a clue, but best guess would be client no.640 wants one of these and the other bit could be and/or a price code, vendor and year of purchase. Could be a Baldwin's ticket, in which case 71 could be client number it was acquired from or alternatively it was acquired in 71. I don't know who Baldwin's 71 or 640 are.

Thanks Rob - looks like Bull downgraded it to R2 in the latest edition, for what it's worth!

If I had to guess it'd be Peter Mitchell (right two/Baldwins) due to the slightly square shaped 5 and S in ESC Paul.
Left one, no idea.

Don't have anything to do at the moment and so looked up tickets written by Peter Mitchell. Two examples are shown below. Does look like that the right two could be his. The bottom stroke of the Roman numeral III is missing. This is also the case in the Roman II shown below. The lower case s looks similar.

1373340623_H3211xTICKET-Copy.jpg.9a00287ed985f56344f753914d2df192.jpg

1542510510_H4218xticket-Copy.jpg.0023d6769a165a000db9f0970739bc03.jpg

Sterling work gentlemen! 

4 hours ago, Sword said:

looked up tickets written by Peter Mitchell.

Looked them up online somehow, or in something you have locally?

I just googled "coin ticket hand of Peter Mitchell" and had a look at the images that came up.