British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Diaconis

Ebay's BEST Offerings

Pretty pleased with this for £40. :)

Isle of Man Atlas ½d 1811 Pridmore 59 (6)s.jpg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, mrbadexample said:

Pretty pleased with this for £40. :)

Isle of Man Atlas ½d 1811 Pridmore 59 (6)s.jpg

Very nice.

The old fashioned "Manks", rather than "Manx".

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

Very nice.

The old fashioned "Manks", rather than "Manx".

or, minted by the Glazer family... :lol:

• Haha 2

Not my worst deal on eBay by far! I managed to match the obverse die to another better example, though, to be fair, the reverse is pretty obvious anyway!

One of a pair of coins for £25

Not a keeper, of course, but should offset something else in the wallet I hope?

70C63516-1CC3-4DD4-8F20-3E34FE36154F.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coinery said:

Not my worst deal on eBay by far! I managed to match the obverse die to another better example, though, to be fair, the reverse is pretty obvious anyway!

One of a pair of coins for £25

Not a keeper, of course, but should offset something else in the wallet I hope?

70C63516-1CC3-4DD4-8F20-3E34FE36154F.png

That is an exceptional spot. Well done! I dread to recollect what I paid for my two lis pennies (ex Comber), certainly four figures. I assume it’s not dated 1558 on the obverse?

Jerry

1 hour ago, jelida said:

That is an exceptional spot. Well done! I dread to recollect what I paid for my two lis pennies (ex Comber), certainly four figures. I assume it’s not dated 1558 on the obverse?

Jerry

Wow, two proper Lis pennies, that’s some collection you have there! 
Sadly no date, that would’ve been phenomenal. The region of the date is unfortunately too poor (I’ve only the pictures my wife has sent me from the mother-in-law’s at the moment), but I managed to die-match it to this one.

D06B2EC7-AFA2-44F3-9CE7-94F66C650406.jpeg

• Like 1

Very pleased with this 1874 penny - F65 in top UNC grade with probably 90% lustre, ever so lightly toning. Just £250 as a BIN. These are obviously not desperately rare, but they don't turn up every 5 minutes, and definitely not in this grade. Looking back at other sales of similar grade, the price compares very favourably. 

lottwyn rev cropped.jpg

lottwyn special cropped.jpg

Edited by 1949threepence
  • Like 10

Pleased with this Bramah 26a (no serifs to first I of BRITANNIAR) - quite scarce.

This one is completely issue free aprt from a tiny blemish to the immediate right of the date.

Just £64 best offer accepted. 

bramah 26a obv cropped.jpg

bramah 26a rev cropped.jpg

• Like 6

Absolute stonking bargain in this condition - link

Hi Mike, that coin has been sold twice before on ebay in the past 3 months, and by same seller..... previously for over £300 on both occasions. Just a word of warning if you actually bought it, that maybe it won't look so good 'in the hand'. I could be totally wrong, but did think strange that it has been returned twice already. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, alfnail said:

Hi Mike, that coin has been sold twice before on ebay in the past 3 months, and by same seller..... previously for over £300 on both occasions. Just a word of warning if you actually bought it, that maybe it won't look so good 'in the hand'. I could be totally wrong, but did think strange that it has been returned twice already. 

Thanks Ian - I didn't actually buy it, on the basis I've already got one just as good, if not better, for a lot more.

Could conceivably be a fake.

Lovely Elizabeth HAMMERED sixpence! :D

This really started my day off with a smile! :)

IMG_9082.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1970 halfpenny D of DEI to a gap obverse 1970 halfpenny D of DEI to a gap reverse

This £17.99 1970 set just arrived from ebay. Seller hadn't spotted that it contained the super scare halfpenny dies 3K (D of DEI to gap).

• Like 5

Ok

im lost which is this? Right border of “D” goes to space - maybe - on this one or not

6C53143A-DE12-469C-AC94-B7AB9E2C721F.jpeg

Edited by VickySilver

That is the standard dies 4K D of DEI to bead, I to a gap.  On the 3K the I of DEI is to the right of a bead but not to a gap.  Also, the rim on your 4K is visibly thicker than the 3K.

Edited by Varietalis

22 hours ago, Varietalis said:

That is the standard dies 4K D of DEI to bead, I to a gap.  On the 3K the I of DEI is to the right of a bead but not to a gap.  Also, the rim on your 4K is visibly thicker than the 3K.

The 4K being the so-called '1968' obverse on 1967 halfpennies?

On 8/25/2023 at 7:18 PM, alfnail said:

looks like some problems on the edge 

On 10/21/2023 at 3:23 PM, Varietalis said:

1970 halfpenny D of DEI to a gap obverse 1970 halfpenny D of DEI to a gap reverse

This £17.99 1970 set just arrived from ebay. Seller hadn't spotted that it contained the super scare halfpenny dies 3K (D of DEI to gap).

Super scare halfpenny - should have found it on Halloween

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/22/2023 at 3:48 PM, copper123 said:

Super scare halfpenny - should have found it on Halloween

Very nice find there, and very little toning by the looks of it.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

This provenance claim in an eBay title made me smile :)

When taking a little nose into the description I was tickled to read the following…

Elizabeth I found bent as a love token

Comes with provenance from 2015

IMG_0078.jpeg

Edited by Coinery
  • Haha 3

I didn't know the Kama Sutra included a position "bent as a love token". Has anyone tried it?

• Haha 3