British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Colin88

NGC London - Are they still operational??

I tried calling NGC London several times before the Virus thing...never any answer,.just a voicemail saying that the Inbox was full.

.I've tried calling the last couple of days,same thing

I tried the US number of one of the Directors...not even a voice mail facility it just rings and rings,have they gone bust?

Not according to their website:

https://www.ngccoin.uk/join/

"NGC and PMG Remain Open and fully Operational" whatever that means. 

I called my bank four times recently and couldn't get through either...

I'm not shclepping all the way to London with my coins if they haven't answered their phones for weeks and the Head Office in the US haven't either....if I ran my business like that and like your bank...I would be out of business very quickly

1 hour ago, Colin88 said:

I'm not shclepping all the way to London with my coins if they haven't answered their phones for weeks and the Head Office in the US haven't either....if I ran my business like that and like your bank...I would be out of business very quickly

When were you calling them ? I organized a return shipping of a submission a month or two back and they always answered the phone - try between 9:30 and 12 pm or 2 to 4 pm in my experience. 

They may be short staffed due to the pandemic and lockdown, but if they can't even be arsed to leave a recorded message for callers, with further signposting, they really aren't worth bothering with. That is strongly suggestive of contempt for customers. 

A message saying the inbox is full is meaningless.  

PCGS Paris are open and have a fast turn around.