British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Weaver

Quadrums - where to buy pick 'n' mix sizes

Good evening all.

Can someone tell me where I can purchase Quadrums in pick 'n' mix sizes instead of boxes of 10 in a single size?

Any links to Amazon would be most welcome as I have a gift card to use up 🤗

Thanks everyone,

Weaver (wayne)

Don't think you can buy Quadrums in pick 'n' mix sizes unfortunately. Boxes of 10 should be fine if you have favorite denominations. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks Sword.

That's a shame because I read a thread here a while back with a link through to an Ebay seller who was offering orders of 10 Quads in mixed dia.

Wish that seller was still about.

Cheers,

Weaver(wayne)

Perhaps someone did/do sell mixed size quadrums on Ebay. The only one I can see now is this seller in Australia. But his postage is too expensive for the UK and so is not an option.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lighthouse-Quadrum-2-x-2-Square-Coin-Capsules-MIXED-PACK-OF-10-YOU-CHOOSE/133183530325?hash=item1f025b6555:g:UpcAAOSwKQ9aJedv

Yeah Sword.

Too pricey for me.

The alternative option is to buy Quads in single units I guess.

I have quite a mixed bag of coins to house hence the question about mix'n'match option.

Cheers,

Weaver(wayne)

I see that you converted to Quads back in 2016 Sword.

Like you were back before 2016, I am currently using self-adhesive hartberger coin holders and want to upgrade to Quads.

Can you confirm again about the sizes.

If I have a 31.45mm dia coin what Quad do i need?

What about a 17.91mm coin?

Cheers,

Weaver(wayne)

Edited by Weaver

Thanks Kev.

I notice he will do a mixed size box of 100 which is more than I need but not by much.

There also used to be the option to buy single Quads for about £1.50 a piece I believe?

Cheers!

Weaver(wayne)

So....

For circulated early (1841-45) Victorian copper in about VF+...

Intercepts or standard Quads?

Cheers,

Weaver(wayne)

My choice would be standard. Intercepts are designed to protect the lustre of BU / aBU coins and prevent toning. I don't think there is any advantage for using them with VF+.

I buy quadrums from coin gallery myself but they don't do "pick 'n' mix". Highly recommend them. Good prices and always prompt delivery. 

• Thanks 1

Yes forget buying the intercept as IMO they are not worth the extra as the quadrums are fine.If you phone Andy up (coin gallery) you can buy them singly ,however the prices for 5 / 10 / 50 are probably cheaper than anywhere else.

If some of the coins are low grade or not of much value i prefer the stamp envelopes put inside a paper envelope you can write on ,you can still take them out and look at them without handling and can store loads in one small box for just a few £.

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys!

Once I have sold the current accumulation (hoard) I want to start afresh with a new focused collection and upgrade to Quads.

But...

I am happy with paper envelopes too!

Has anyone got a link to a trusted seller of genuinely acid free paper envelopes? Preferaly via Amazon because I really would like to use my gift voucher on coins ☺️

And those are 100% genuinely acid-free envelopes yeah?

And out of interest bagerap, do you store all metal types of coins (and medals of course) in them?

All of my collection is circulated, so I am now leaning towards acid-free envelopes.

Basically, I want the safest possible long term storage option.

Thoughts...

Cheers,

Weaver(wayne)

I don't use them myself but I am sure they are safe if Colin Cooke is selling them. You can e-mail to check if they are acid-free and I have no doubt they will say yes. 

Here is an alternative (from Rob): https://www.rpcoins.co.uk/collections/accessories/products/00099999

I think they are a good choice for circulated coins. You probably want to keep EF or better in quadrums or 2x2. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks Sword.

That's a good way of selecting what storage option in relation to grade.

Cheers,

Weaver(wayne)

This is interesting...

I emailed Colin Cooke to ask if their paper coin envelopes were 100% acid-free, and their representative Lee Brownson replied...

' We buy them from a paper supplier who states that they use acid free paper.

Without testing them we cannot guarantee this ourselves as we don't make them but we buy them from our suppliers as acid free.'

I cancelled my order!

Weaver(wayne)