British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

1949threepence

Anybody know how LCA plan to handle their June auction?

3 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

No. 

To quote from, and courtesy of Paddy's post from Friday at 11:17am, there are three types of EasyLive auctions:-

LCA have chosen option 3, which merely shows the items. It's actually no different to just looking at the same coins on their website. 

Don't even know what they've fetched.  

I had a couple of bids on items today .Entered through easybid . Have no idea whether they have won or lost . Is there anywhere that shows what lots have went for ?

23 minutes ago, mick1271 said:

I had a couple of bids on items today .Entered through easybid . Have no idea whether they have won or lost . Is there anywhere that shows what lots have went for ?

Results are normally up by Monday/Tuesday with invoices issued soon after.

4 minutes ago, Nonmortuus said:

Results are normally up by Monday/Tuesday with invoices issued soon after.

Thanks , that's good to know .I haven't bid on any auctions before ( apart from ebay )

12 hours ago, Paddy said:

I have heard them mention "Saleroom" on Bargain Hunt several times, so I assume this is Saleroom.com. The choice is up to the auctioneer, so I imagine some also use Easylive. I know a lot of auctions now have both going independently, with room bidding, phone bids and commission bids it gets quite complicated for the auctioneer!

I think I've only ever once seen a BH auction using different software?

I skipped the whole business even though there were some lots of interest.......

For anybody interested, the June results have now been posted.

On 6/7/2020 at 6:13 PM, mhcoins said:

glad at least someone did, how were there phone bids if there wasn't a live sale ?

Well, it sort of was a live sale, as there were a few phone lines open, and so lots had a defined closing time. You had to pre-register which lots you wanted to bid on, as they skipped lots which no-one wanted to phone bid on and just decided them on commission. Most of the time I was just bidding against commission bids though. 

I didn't get anything, but only put in low bids given there was no way to view.

7 hours ago, JLS said:

Well, it sort of was a live sale, as there were a few phone lines open, and so lots had a defined closing time. You had to pre-register which lots you wanted to bid on, as they skipped lots which no-one wanted to phone bid on and just decided them on commission. Most of the time I was just bidding against commission bids though. 

I had asked semra if I could bid by phone but she didn't even reply to the email.

Never mind there's always the st James's sale coming up I guess

• Like 1

Had this e mail......was obviously successful for them.....

---------- Original Message ----------
Date: 29 June 2020 at 17:30
Subject: One Million Four Hundred Thousand Pounds Lockdown

logo_glow_200.png

London Coins June 2020 auction which took place during the lockdown was our best ever with a total sales of over £1.4 million. The demand for material from our buyers was almost overwhelming with record breaking prices recorded in all sections Paper Money, Hammered, English Milled, Royal Mint and Cased Items, Gold Coins, GB and World Slabs and World Coins.

These results which are now available on our website show the strength of our business model. We have been running auctions since 1994 and still to this day have clients who bid with us that were active in 1994, as well as tens of thousands more. We are taking consignments now for our September sale and can confidently tell you that whatever the Government’s advice is in September whether our auction takes place as Bracknell or in our premises in Kent (as it did for our record breaking June auction) we will continue to get record breaking prices.

So please contact us now, to discuss consigning with us.

Regards

London Coins Auction

www.londoncoins.co.uk

Now, there's a surprise - with auctioneering behind closed doors, record prices are achieved.

BsDLRywIMAEcYHO.jpeg.8f36f8264da0f0a6a04334c328153f10.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Diaconis said:

BsDLRywIMAEcYHO.jpeg.8f36f8264da0f0a6a04334c328153f10.jpeg

Neither do I !!!