British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Paddy

1902 Part Matt proof Long set up for offers

I have decided I really should move on this part set that I acquired earlier this year. I collect mostly circulation coins, so this does not really fit in. Also I would end up splitting the coins into separate albums, which seems a shame, and be left with an empty box.

Consists of the original Long set box, and in Matt proof the Crown, Halfcrown, Florin, Shilling and Sixpence. I will load pictures over a number of posts. (The 4 gold coins and the Maundy set had gone long before I picked this up.)

At the time I checked individual coins and the box on Ebay and came up with a total of about £850. But I am open to offers from members here. If I do not find a buyer here I will either Ebay or DNW it - haven't decided which yet as both have their pros and cons!

First pic - the set in the box:

1902 Box 2 Red.JPG

The Crown:

1902 Cr matt proof 1-horz red.jpg

• Like 1

The Halfcrown:

1902 HC matt proof 1-horz red.jpg

The Florin:

1902 Fl matt proof 1-horz red.jpg

• Like 1

The Shilling:

1902 S matt proof 1-horz Red.jpg

The Sixpence - this has a stain, possibly from being rubbed with a leather glove early in its existence:

1902 6D matt proof 1-horz Red.jpg

Outside of box:

1902 Box 1 Red.JPG

Better pic of the 5 coins in the box (I will, of course, package them individually before sending!):

1902 Box 3 Red.JPG