British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Paddy

BBC desperate for non-Covid news - EdIII half groat

I think the BBC is struggling for any good news and non-Coronavirus news - I can't see any other reason they would run this story!

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-52217042

Edward III groat found in somebody's raspberry patch...

Edited by Paddy
Correction
  • Like 1

Didn't think the BBC would be that desperate. 

Cheers things up a bit. 

For the sake of people's sanity, we do need the odd diversion from Covid 19 now and again. Especially stuff that bears no relation to it. 

The news is dominated by coronavirus, virtually to the exclusion of everything else. Not that there is much else. 

Ruby Wax was on BBC QT and made a great point : while maintaining social distance, make the effort to make eye contact, smile, even wave. Our mental health is important.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Peckris 2 said:

Ruby Wax was on BBC QT and made a great point : while maintaining social distance, make the effort to make eye contact, smile, even wave. Our mental health is important.

Couldn't agree more. 

Tonight we all came outdoors and clapped for the health care workers, on my street, and I had a 20 minute conversation with my next door neighbour about various topics - the longest conversation we've ever had. Previously just "Morning, how are you". Social distancing was observed, although as we both live alone, and have both been locked down for nearly 3 weeks, I don't think there was much chance of one of us infecting the other. As I've got some ASDA and Tesco delivery slots already advanced booked, I asked her to let me know if she needed anything, and I could add it on to the order.

My sister has become a volunteer for the NHS.  

I think this crisis is actually bringing people together (albeit at a distance) in a spirit of mutual assistance where possible.  

Even before the lockdown I'd stopped seeing my girl friend as she is on immuno suppressive medication due to RA, and she lives with her elderly Mum, who also has health issues. So they are both highly vulnerable. Now we keep in touch by phone.   

• Like 3

On 4/9/2020 at 10:59 PM, 1949threepence said:

Even before the lockdown I'd stopped seeing my girl friend as she is on immuno suppressive medication due to RA, and she lives with her elderly Mum, who also has health issues. So they are both highly vulnerable. Now we keep in touch by phone.   

She should apply to get onto the government's vulneeerability list which is used by supermarts for priorcity slots.

Sadly MS - despite being an immuno-suppressant disease - doesn't count. 😪

1 hour ago, Peckris 2 said:

She should apply to get onto the government's vulneeerability list which is used by supermarts for priorcity slots.

Sadly MS - despite being an immuno-suppressant disease - doesn't count. 😪

I am literally speechless that MS doesn't count. Beyond belief.  

Edited by 1949threepence
  • Like 2

I have diabetes and my other half has asthma, and we are both over 70, but we don't quality either.

• Sad 2

The following is a list of those who fall into the extremely vulnerable category. It does include those on immunosuppressive drugs, but appears to be conditional:-

People falling into this extremely vulnerable group include:

• Solid organ transplant recipients
  • People with specific cancers:

- people with cancer who are undergoing active chemotherapy or radical radiotherapy for lung cancer

- people with cancers of the blood or bone marrow such as leukaemia, lymphoma or myeloma who are at any stage of treatment

- people having immunotherapy or other continuing antibody treatments for cancer

- people having other targeted cancer treatments which can affect the immune system, such as protein kinase inhibitors or PARP inhibitors

- people who have had bone marrow or stem cell transplants in the last 6 months, or who are still taking immunosuppression drugs

• People with severe respiratory conditions including all cystic fibrosis, severe asthma and severe COPD.
  • People with rare diseases and inborn errors of metabolism that significantly increase the risk of infections (such as SCID, homozygous sickle cell).
  • People on immunosuppression therapies sufficient to significantly increase risk of infection.
  • Women who are pregnant with significant heart disease, congenital or acquired.

The NHS in England is directly contacting people with these conditions to provide further advice.

If you think you fall into one of the categories of extremely vulnerable people listed above and you have not received a letter by Sunday 29 March 2020 or been contacted by your GP, you should discuss your concerns with your GP or hospital clinician.

MS is an auto-immune disease, where elements of the body’s immune system malfunction and attack healthy body tissue, in the case of MS a type of tissue that supports nerve fibres and their function. Other aspects of the immune system such as the ability to fight infections are not normally affected, hence the disease per se does not increase vulnerability to infection, and thus does not qualify. However if an individual’s treatment involves immunosuppressant therapy , ie the treatment makes them more vulnerable, they might qualify. That sadly does not take into account the severe physical debility that can result from MS, it is a nasty and unpredictable disease, and Chris, if I have not misunderstood the implication that you have the condition, you have my best wishes and hopes for prolonged remission.

Jerry

• Like 3

And neither do I. Interestingly though if an individual is less active their pulmonary and cardio status would be decreased which might put them secondarily at a disadvantage.

Wow, is that news lol? I'd say at at least half a dozen are found across the country on a given weekend by detectorists 😜

Edited by Conor44

6 hours ago, Conor44 said:

Wow, is that news lol? I'd say at at least half a dozen are found across the country on a given weekend by detectorists 😜

Or more...