British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

blakeyboy

Tradesman not working at the moment...!

Some tradesmen are having to postpone jobs.......

For example, we were supposed to be getting some wiring done, but the electrician called the other day to say he has a bug that he thinks he caught from his last customer while he was fitting their garage lights.

He suspects he has car owner virus and has currently gone to earth, resisting the temptation to carry on circulating by staying ohm, grounding himself and in the main switching off. He doesn’t know for sure watt the bug is but is confident it’s not terminal. However, he says he doesn’t want to be a conduit for infection, so he’s decided to conduct himself responsibly and self insulate to avoid giving anyone a nasty shock. I think that’s a positive, so I’m happy to give him a plug.

• Haha 2

That's another "Groan"!

1 hour ago, blakeyboy said:

Some tradesmen are having to postpone jobs.......

For example, we were supposed to be getting some wiring done, but the electrician called the other day to say he has a bug that he thinks he caught from his last customer while he was fitting their garage lights.

He suspects he has car owner virus and has currently gone to earth, resisting the temptation to carry on circulating by staying ohm, grounding himself and in the main switching off. He doesn’t know for sure watt the bug is but is confident it’s not terminal. However, he says he doesn’t want to be a conduit for infection, so he’s decided to conduct himself responsibly and self insulate to avoid giving anyone a nasty shock. I think that’s a positive, so I’m happy to give him a plug.

Challenging times, and being static must be frustrating. Still, a pity he has to re fuse jobs for the time being, and his current financial situation is obviously pretty grim. However, he needs to be patient before switching to something else. Eventually though, he might need to step up to transform his prospects.

You never know, maybe one of those light bulb moments might elicit a really good idea - enable him to become a real livewire again. 

I'd never judge his actions though - always wholly neutral in these things.      

• Haha 2

Very good -my wife sent me my original post, but you've spent all this time knocking this  together!!

He needs to show great resistance to going outside especially as going out is kind of hard-wired into our brains.

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, blakeyboy said:

Very good -my wife sent me my original post, but you've spent all this time knocking this  together!!

Only about 3 minutes - but then I was supercharged. 

You mean your post wasn't your work? 

3 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

Only about 3 minutes - but then I was supercharged. 

You mean your post wasn't your work? 

Sadly, no.  

I heard my wife laughing  ( She works with me on audio electronics) from the office and I thought

I would share the horror!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blakeyboy said:

Sadly, no.  

I heard my wife laughing  ( She works with me on audio electronics) from the office and I thought

I would share the horror!

Amp ly done :ph34r:

• Haha 1

With reluctance...

Geddit?  :)

funny.jpeg

• Haha 3