British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

copper123

Genesis reunion yea or nae

Sorry its a Nae from me with tickets  starting at £240 ,£500 for two people to be entertained for two and a half hours no thanks

Knebworth was less than a tenner

MR GRUMPY

After all, you could buy nearly a whole penny for that much!

Nae.....they're good, but not that good.

Nay from me too. They were the soundtrack to my student years and I still have all the vinyl from Trespass to ‘Invisible Touch’; I saw them live with Ray Wilson on the ‘Calling All Stations’ tour in 1997 and they were great, in fact that was probably the best album since  ‘Then There Were Three’. But the Gabriel years were undoubtedly the best, and before they turned into a pop band with Duke, Abacab etc. This sounds like a money making exercise, do they really have anything new to offer? I would rather stick with my memories.

Jerry

• Like 1

I saw them 5 or 6 times, but only once post-Gabriel. I doubt they are still that good live, and at those prices it's a big NAE from me.

Or perhaps underwhelmed in anticipation.  But if they do a good Job they could be a Revelation! On the other hand if the Judges say otherwise there could be Lamentations and an Exodus to the door. It’s the Numbers that matter. Amos-t telling point is that Peter Gabriel has declined to take part. Mark my words, they won’t be the Colossians they once were,  Kings of the stage, superb Acts worthy of the Prog Rock Chronicles, that was the Genesis of the late sixties and first half of the seventies.

Jeremiah

• Like 1

Saw them at Roundhay in 1986, I'm not exactly certain but I think the ticket was around £7.50?

We have been looking at E.L.O tickets recently and they're over £200.00 each - they can stick that, absolutely obscene!

The problem with all these bands of yesteryear is that their singing ability is mostly a pale reflection of what they were. People who remember the original albums and the contemporary concerts will have experienced the groups at their height. Today's vocals might as well come out of a care home, with tickets priced accordingly.

1 hour ago, Flash said:

Saw them at Roundhay in 1986, I'm not exactly certain but I think the ticket was around £7.50?

We have been looking at E.L.O tickets recently and they're over £200.00 each - they can stick that, absolutely obscene!

I would have thought more like £17.50 - that was the first secure concert at roundhay park , all concerts before then were a piss easy to get in I got in the stones in 1983, was it? for free was only outside for five minutes and someone opened a side gate and it got rushed I think 50 or 60 got in free

you might be right although I don't recall it being that secure, I'm sure I popped to the shops when Paul young was on (support) and also a well known local ex dJ who doesn't deserve a mention jogged right through the crowd doing a "charity" mission or something

Other than that a brilliant concert but if I went now with just my wife it would cost more than our first car!

• Like 1

Roundhay park always had major issues with security , in the end artists would not plays there or avoided the place , it really was only football grounds and insicure parks in those days .

glastonbury was also pretty easy to get in for free for many years , till they beefed up security around the year 2000

20 hours ago, Flash said:

Mr plod sez

"Elo, elo ,whats going on here extreme profitering on concert tickets tut tut"

Edited by copper123

On 3/6/2020 at 10:03 AM, copper123 said:

Mr plod sez

"Elo, elo ,whats going on here extreme profitering on concert tickets tut tut"

Actually, I've just had a thought about those ticket prices. Artists used to get a decent proportion from CD sales, but what they get from digital downloads is a fraction of that, and even less from streaming. I reckon ticket sales from live gigs is their main source of income now, especially as CD sales have nosedived.

21 hours ago, Peckris 2 said:

Actually, I've just had a thought about those ticket prices. Artists used to get a decent proportion from CD sales, but what they get from digital downloads is a fraction of that, and even less from streaming. I reckon ticket sales from live gigs is their main source of income now, especially as CD sales have nosedived.

Thats true .

All genesis members are not hard up , all are millionaires tony banks is probably the least well ,of as he never had much of a solo career mike and phil prob the richest due to live work and income song writeing .

Sacking bill bruford and getting phils son to play on drums , I wonder which band member thought of that?

I surpose they need the money for safaris and cruises it must be hell being that poor

Bill Bruford  IS  worth paying for.

Seen him loads of times.  Brilliant.

Genesis now, for silly money........no.

It was Chester Thompson when I saw them, him and Phil Collins doing the double on the Brazilian - brilliant!

Edited by Flash

Whats "the Brazillian" I wonder , apart from the obvious ?

• Haha 1

Borrow the DVD and find out.....:)

I saw the live in rome one

Too add to this I have seen genesis six or so times and apart from the great music of course the majority of the fun  of the show came from phil collins as really you never got much movement from any member other than phil who made up for the rest of the band just standing there playing.

You remember the funny stories the dashing around and playing up to the fans , it is true he has health problems and uses a walking stick now , well he cannot help that now can he , not many 69 year olds are in great health , I am sure it will just not be the same and I am better off not bothering .

I could be wrong

Far better value IMO would be to go and see one of the Steve Hackett 'Genesis' gigs. I've only ever seen these on You Tube but they are impressive, though with little improvisation (in that sense, he's a bit like a tribute band).

Have seen hacket a few times prob 3 but not since the late eighties , hes done some great stuff over the years though its less commercial than phil or genesis

8 hours ago, copper123 said:

Have seen hacket a few times prob 3 but not since the late eighties , hes done some great stuff over the years though its less commercial than phil or genesis

He seems to have realised there's much more money to be made from touring Genesis!

• Like 1

A recent picture of phil and the "person who makes him happy" personally i think he should trade her in.

And a rather sad pic of phil in a wheelchair

phil.jpg

philwheel.jpg

Edited by copper123

On 3/10/2020 at 10:44 PM, Peckris 2 said:

He seems to have realised there's much more money to be made from touring Genesis!

I never saw Genesis- they had moved on to the commercial crap by the time I felt like going.

I saw Hackett many times and would again, so long as he has lost that TERRIBLE vocalist in the video. Who is it?