British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

I have to ask what is the point?. The most hideous coin design I have seen. You'd have to wonder where they get their designers from. Sorry, but an image of a car, a 'saying' simply don't cut it. Maybe a few baddies -  Jaws, Goldfinger and a witchdoctor might have helped.

Rant over.

On 3/2/2020 at 8:30 AM, Loose change said:

I have to ask what is the point?. The most hideous coin design I have seen. You'd have to wonder where they get their designers from. Sorry, but an image of a car, a 'saying' simply don't cut it. Maybe a few baddies -  Jaws, Goldfinger and a witchdoctor might have helped.

Rant over.

Saw 2 listings for the gold one on eBay on Sunday night, they weren’t even available till Monday morning, Londoncoins was one of those, asking £7500 for it, Monday they had changed the listing and dropped the price to £6000, that’s how shit it was and the state of the modern market asking for £2000 profit

• Like 1

6 hours ago, azda said:

Saw 2 listings for the gold one on eBay on Sunday night, they weren’t even available till Monday morning, Londoncoins was one of those, asking £7500 for it, Monday they had changed the listing and dropped the price to £6000, that’s how shit it was and the state of the modern market asking for £2000 profit

I completely agree. Londoncoins are one of the worst for it. I am all for making a few pounds, but trying it on with newly released coins is just abit idiotic.

I must admit the films only existed to sell the cars to the rich why not choose something like Ernst Stavro Blofeld  as a classic baddie we all remember him meeeeowwww

index.jpg

Edited by copper123
  • Like 1

256502964_ernststavroblofeld2.png.f9df2eb4c01e0c2ff0ef6ff57240e943.png

"I don't expect your 50p Mr Bond - I expect you to die..."

• Haha 1

On 3/2/2020 at 7:30 AM, Loose change said:

Rant over.

Good images of famous characters require a lot of time and skill. Images of a car or a bow tie and tuxedo require much less effort. I am not impressed with most of the modern RM designs. The Brexit 50p was really bad.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sword said:

Good images of famous characters require a lot of time and skill. Images of a car or a bow tie and tuxedo require much less effort. I am not impressed with most of the modern RM designs. The Brexit 50p was really bad.

I am not that keen on it either. I must admit, I did get a couple of BU and a single Silver proof coin, merely from a historical event point of view, but that's about it. I don't know why, but any coin with QEII head really is off putting for me. Maybe I am just weird.

Oh come on gents, you aren't going to pop for the 7 kg. specimen?

YIKES!!!!!!

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Loose change said:

I am not that keen on it either. I must admit, I did get a couple of BU and a single Silver proof coin, merely from a historical event point of view, but that's about it. I don't know why, but any coin with QEII head really is off putting for me. Maybe I am just weird.

I think they have made far too many pointless commemorates with the Queen on the observe. Eventually, you would associate the Queen's later portraits with these less than tasteful items. I rather like the earlier portraits myself. 

8 hours ago, VickySilver said:

YIKES!!!!!!

This is the item in question:

89306260_stream_img-Copy.jpg.9d515f2d3f0beabbc27b6b80d119bccb.jpg

If it is up to me, I will put a "pressing engagement" into its diary. 

1 hour ago, Sword said:

Hmmm, now why did I immediately think of rudolph the gold nose reindeer?

• Haha 2

The only coin that has really exploded is the New gold 2oz Una and the Lion great designers release, these have been going for silly money, £27k for a release 2 months previously that cost £4k, I don’t know where people’s heads are at right now with this modern stuff 

I thought it was a bond 10p anyway , that was the first bond coin

On 3/4/2020 at 1:30 PM, VickySilver said:

YIKES!!!!!!

Imagine the size of the press for that one

On 3/4/2020 at 10:15 PM, Sword said:

HAS THAT COIN BEEN THE FIRST ONE TO GET COVID19